Touch ID question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xConnerIdan, Sep 17, 2013.

1. xConnerIdan macrumors member

Hello, sorry if this has been answered multiple times, but i have a question regarding the Touch ID.
    I know it can be disabled along with the pass code, but I've read on the MacRumor's iPhone 5S guide regarding the touch ID the following :
    "Only the passcode can be used to unlock the iPhone after its been rebooted or hasn't been unlocked for 48 hours. This is reportedly to prevent hackers from trying to circumvent the fingerprint sensor itself."
    If I disable the Passcode and the Touch ID, and I reboot the phone, would the phone ask me for Passcode? if so, how would I know which passcode? I don't use passcode because it's not comfy and I hate putting the code, and sometimes I may want to reboot the phone. So, if I disable the Touch ID/Passcode it won't ask me for a code? if it does, how would I know the code?
    Thank you for your help
    good day

2. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

If you disable Touch ID and pass code, you will not be asked for any pass code when rebooting or after any amount of time. Just as it is now if you don't use a pass code.

3. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

It will only ask you for a passcode if you have touch ID enabled, and it would be a password that you input.

If you are not planning on using either feature then you should never be asked for a passcode.

4. Brenz macrumors member

To use the Touch ID you also need a pass code which is then used to access the phone in the situations you mentioned or if for whatever reason you cannot use the Touch ID at some point (wearing gloves, wet hands, lost fingers, etc).

If you don't use Touch ID you wont need to set a pass code so you can just unlock your phone like you do today.

5. xConnerIdan thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, all of you! :D