All iPads Touch ID would of been brilliant, but would never of happened?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MisterBigMack, Oct 23, 2013.

1. MisterBigMack macrumors member

I think it would of been a bit much to ask to have a touch ID in the new iPads, these products have probably been in productions for way along before the 5s has been out and there was no guarantee it would be a success

Talking hyperthetically, if there was a major problem when the 5s shipped with the touch ID it would of been too late for the iPads and apple would of been open to major ridicule

Definitely on the next interation of iPad unfortunately but for now, swipe to open

On the other I would of liked to of thought apple would of been that confident with the software and hardware in touch ID in the 5s even before the 5s launched that it would of put it in the iPad air, but that's just me thinking, these are million dollar decisions they are making and more than likely playing it safe

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Huh?

I am not typically a grammar cop, but for the love of dog, there is no such thing as WOULD OF. You say it 50 times in your post and title.

The correct usage is "would have", or the contraction, "would've".

Periods are also cool, especially with disjointed sentences like "Definitely on the next interation of iPad unfortunately but for now, swipe to open ".

3. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

The rumor is that there are issues with the production yields of the TouchID modules. Supposedly that's a large part of the reason why the iPhone 5S is still in short supply. Trying to place them into iPads would have worsened the shortage of the iPhone 5S, and it would have created a shortage of any iPad line that contained them, as well.

I'll admit that I'm a bit disappointed that none of the iPad lines have TouchID this year. I don't view it as a critical component; I'll still be upgrading. I assume that it will happen next year.

4. MisterBigMack thread starter macrumors member

I mean come on pal, is it really worth your time even answering and reviewing my post?

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

If you start using would've or would have from now on, then yes! :)

6. MisterBigMack thread starter macrumors member

I mean I see people on here and most forums who looks like they haven't even read a book with the way that they post and yeah it's a pain in the arse to read and understand but if I get there point then fine, I'm not going to say, say it this way or that way, we are not going to get marked if it's wrong or right

Ok you don't like that I said it the wrong way, fair enough, can we get back to the topic here: touch ID on ipad....

Sorry iPad.....

7. Carl Sagan macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

It wouldn't surprise me if we see a surprise mid year update to iPad Air and Mini introducing Touch ID.