Touch not responding well

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NovemberWhiskey, Oct 17, 2012.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Is it just me or is the touch response on the 5 not as good as previous models (4, 4s, etc.). I always remember my previous iphones as being very accurate when it comes to touch response. But I have been getting so many false positives/negatives on the 5. Everything from the keyboard to buttons in games/apps. Clicking icons on the homepages seems to be ok, but everything else is out of whack.

Do you think my phone is defective, or do you think this is just an unfortunate consequence of the in-cell touch display?

2. Gunny011 macrumors regular

I've not had an issue, have you tried restoring the phone?

If you are still having issues then you might want to take it to the Apple Store.

3. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

There have been other postings as well as youtube videos about this issue. You need to definitely take your phone back to the Apple Store.

4. diegoesk macrumors regular

I had issues with the space bar button. I thought it was the screen protector.

5. Mrs. Jobs macrumors member

Same problem here. :( Apparently a lot (!) of iPhones 5 have this problem I read on the Apple forum. Some say it is a hardware problem, some say it is a screen calibration problem and can be fixed with an update? Dunno, but it is very annoying. It takes me twice as long to type a text message as it did on the previous phones! :(