Touch screen not responsive while charging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ccwestcliff, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ccwestcliff macrumors member

Sep 19, 2012
    Toronto, ON
    I want to share a strange phenomenon that I discovered on my iPhone 5 (and that might explain a few if not all of the touchscreen issues reported here):

I own a combined 2 USB, 4 mains outlet (US) that is plugged into 2 mains outlets. It usually charges iPad and iPhone 4 but also everything else that uses USB charging. On the outlets I have a lamp and my MBA charger as well as laptop charger and aerial power adapter (not that it would matter).

I noticed that while the iPhone was charging the screen was unresponsive for most parts and tried Temple Run which was unplayable. I thought it was a screen defect until I figured that this only happens when charging. I had no problems charging on my MBA though.

Anyone else noticed this strange behavior?
  2. parrot5 macrumors 6502

Aug 10, 2010
    I have had this on different phones while charging. I think it only happens when it is charging off a NON-Apple charger though. As you observed, charging through computer is fine.
  3. MacVT macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2012
    I'm having this problem as well. Haven't tried it while charging from my mac but with an apple cord going into an AT&T usb charger it's unresponsive.
  4. sepsep macrumors newbie

Aug 25, 2012