Touch screen wonky?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 55test55, Oct 1, 2012.

1. 55test55 macrumors 6502

So I saw someone else complaining about this and I'm kinda glad because I thought I was just crazy...are other people sometimes having to touch something multiple times to get it to register?

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Is this the iPhone 5? If so, I've heard a person or two mention it, yeah.

3. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

If you saw someone mention it why start a new thread?

4. JohnGregorio macrumors member

Mine does this near the top right section. Biggest issue is trying to turn wifi on/off. Takes me like 10 taps for it to switch. Got a replacement on the way though..

5. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Yeah I've noticed a few times I've had to tap multiple times to do one thing. I really don't find it to be an issue though, maybe after a little while I'll seek a replacement.

6. Corzin macrumors newbie

I've seen this as well. more noticeable on the right side than the left, and across applications. I'll get in to the Apple store soon to discuss options.

7. eleite macrumors regular

eleite

Happens to me all the freaking time. I haven't been able to reproduce it to a certain section but I have noticed it alot with the wifi button and hitting the spacebar key. WTF. I'm losing patience with this i5 and i'm this close to returning it... :(

8. mcfly2 macrumors member

Maybe he saw it on TV, or somewhere else unrelated to this forum?? DB

Yes, I've noticed this too, with the spacebar in particular.

9. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

I think there is 2 things going on here from what Ive read in various places and experienced.

First the sliders to turn wifi on/off etc behave slightly different in ios6 than 5. This was the same on my iphone4. The tap doesnt seem to slide them the same as it used to.

Second, ive noticed that on legacy apps (non resized apps that are letterboxed) near the edges of the letterbox are not as sensitive as they used to be all the way to the edge. I have to hit the space bar slightly higher on old apps vs how I did it on the 4 or on resized app's keyboards. Other games that have controls near the bottom edge have the same problem for me. Its like they either didnt extend the touch responsiveness all the way to the edge of the old app or that touching outside the app edge with part of your finger disables the tap.

10. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

I've seen this too on a few random occasions. For the bookmarks button in Maps and a few other random places (takes multiple taps to register). I can't reproduce it, however, so I'll wait to see if it gets worse before thinking about bringing it in.