TouchID being ignored on purchases

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zimmy68, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

This is a head scratcher.
    It seems to work sometimes but most of the time I get, even if it is a free app:

Sign in to iTunes Store, confirm apple ID password to renew Touch ID Purchases.

Ummm, what is the point of using Touch ID to skip entering my password if you are going to keep asking me for my password???

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I'm having the same issue. When I go to buy an app it'll pop up asking for my password. YES, I have the fingerprint settings to allow app store purchases using fingerprint turned on.

Seems like a glitch, I have two iPhones and they both do it. I rebooted just now, went in to "purchase" a free app, it prompted for my iTunes\Apple ID password, and doesn't prompt for a fingerprint.

Hopefully gets worked out.

3. tylerwatt12 macrumors regular

It's required to ask for password after each reboot I think.

4. Zimmy68 thread starter macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

That is probably it.
    I went and got another app right after and it didn't ask me.
    Touch ID should be validated after reboot when you unlock your phone.
    At least give me the option to always use my finger print.

5. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

same here. every time it either asks me for my password or my 3 digit security code on my debit card. annoying. I just want to use my fingerprint for everything!!!!!

6. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

It requires a password after 24 hour of not downloading any new apps. It's entirely pointless really.

7. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Absolutely agree. Most people don't purchase often enough to make this requirement relevant. Apple advertises that a fingerprint is far more secure than a password, yet on restart a password is required, and on first purchase every 24 hours it is as well. Hypocrite much?