Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

TouchID in KeyChain Access App

countryside

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2016
Howdy.

Right now, if Safari/Keychain doesn't autofill a password, I go to the Keychain app like normal and look up the password. However, I have to type in the password for my Mac each time to access the Keychain password. Is there any way to make it so that TouchID unlocks my Keychain?

Thanks.

chrfr

macrumors G4
Jul 11, 2009
Howdy.

Right now, if Safari/Keychain doesn't autofill a password, I go to the Keychain app like normal and look up the password. However, I have to type in the password for my Mac each time to access the Keychain password. Is there any way to make it so that TouchID unlocks my Keychain?

Thanks.
If you look up the password in the Safari preferences you should be able to use Touch ID.

Reactions: countryside

countryside

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2016
If you look up the password in the Safari preferences you should be able to use Touch ID.
Thank you so much, you are correct. I had no idea I could access passwords from the Safari preferences. I wonder why this feature isn't in the Keychain app... Nevertheless, THANK YOU so much. You have saved me a lot of headache.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.