Touchscreen and LCD screen not working. What can I do ? Am I still entitled to OOW ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by j33buz, Aug 5, 2010.

1. j33buz macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I just replaced my touchscreen and LCD screen and now they will not work in any manner. The phone responds to USB and when I flick the switch to put it in 3G, but nothing else.

I could put back the old screen and LCD, but they are destroyed entirely, and large chunks are taken out from the top of the glass cover where it originally fell, and I subsequently had to peel them off to put on the replacements.

Is there anything I can do ?

Feeling a bit helpless :(

2. j33buz thread starter macrumors newbie

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You could try to get the OOW and hope for a nice genius, but technically you're not eligible due to the modifications.

Your other option is to find one of the repair shops.

4. j33buz thread starter macrumors newbie

I could put the phone back together with all of the original parts, would this be accepted do you think ? I pulled off none of the stickers that said that if you pull them off, the warranty is voided. Just the ones on the side of the case.

Also, do you need to give your credit card in the case of OOW ? In Ireland we dont have any apple stores, just third party stores who are authorised Apple retailers !