Towncenter Jacksonville, FL

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by ian-frs, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian-frs macrumors 6502

ian-frs

Anyone going to be going out on launch morning? I didn't go last year for launch day and I am curious if anyone has any experience of what the store was like with stock.

2. timt976 macrumors newbie

I plan on going. since att canceled my order.

3. ian-frs thread starter macrumors 6502

ian-frs

Hopefully they will have some stock of the Plus since I couldn't get lucky ordering online at all on launch night. I am going to plan on getting there around 430, thats when I went for the 4 and 4s and aside from running from security a few times it wasn't that big of a crowd.

4. illippinno macrumors regular

illippinno

Fellow Duvalians! Lol.

From my experience when I went for the iPhone 4 launch at the Town Center, I was there at midnight but got told to move by security and not to come back by 7. So when I drove back around 6:30, the line was already so long that I was pissed but ended up getting one anyway. I think Apple knows people camps out so I'm sure they've informed security about that by now and not push people away.

If you really want the Plus knowing the stock would be low (assuming because of all these orders being pushed back), I would go there around midnight and camp it out. It honestly isn't bad. I've done it before, and nowadays with our smartphones and technology, time will go by quickly :)

5. ian-frs thread starter macrumors 6502

ian-frs

I am going to check it out at about 8 to see if anything is going on, then again at midnight. Hopefully nothing will be going on so I can get a few hours of sleep since I still have to go to work the next day.

6. Cabby macrumors regular

When I went to get the 4, I got there around 5AM and the line was very long. I got a phone, but had to wait a solid 10 hours as they were processing pre-orders at a 10 to 1 rate to people waiting without a pre-order. Everyone got a phone, including people who showed up in the afternoon and waited a lot shorter amount of time than I had to...

7. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I've always gone around 4 and end up near Dillard's.

8. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

I live at the TC and always like riding by to see the lines when I go to work that morning.

I waited for the 4 and will never do that again. Pre-ordered my 6+ for delivery to my door.

9. ian-frs thread starter macrumors 6502

ian-frs

Next time you drive by let us know what the lines look like, I would be interested to know so I don't have to drive across town just to get kicked off the property.

10. illippinno macrumors regular

illippinno

I personally pre ordered this time around but I'm curious to see how it is tonight so I plan on driving by sometime late tonight to see how the line is. One of my work is at the Town Center and I remember me and my boss stayed at our restaurant for the 4 release and hung out there. Lol

11. ian-frs thread starter macrumors 6502

ian-frs

12. Akash.B macrumors regular

Didn't see a line yet either. Apple store employee said we can line up starting at 5. Where will people who get there at Midnight park?

13. ian-frs thread starter macrumors 6502

ian-frs

I usually park in the lot right behind the Apple store next to Victoria seceret. I think I'm going to try to get here by 230-3 I'll make it earlier if you want to meet up see if we can scare security away.

14. Akash.B macrumors regular

We're gonna be there around 2. Hopefully I'll see ya there

15. Brownbox88 macrumors newbie

Brownbox88

Glad I preordered so im not waiting in line. Office delivery! And the TC store can get pretttty cramped.

16. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

5am line up? Is it going to be a mad dash to the entrance of apple.

17. ian-frs thread starter macrumors 6502

ian-frs

Security usually gives up trying to chase people off well before 5 I don't see this any different.

18. Sleepinethan macrumors newbie

Hey everyone! I'm currently the 4th in line at the AT&T store off Southside across the avenues. There are 8 people here, including one employee who stated that they have <8 6+'s in the store and around 50 6's. So those trying to snatch a 6+ at a carrier, be prepared!

19. timt976 macrumors newbie

20. Akash.B macrumors regular

21. Sleepinethan macrumors newbie

22. ian-frs thread starter macrumors 6502

ian-frs

23. timt976 macrumors newbie

Not allow to wait in front of apple store. They have Jso in front of the store. They are making everyone park near Victoria secret

24. Akash.B macrumors regular

25. timt976 macrumors newbie

In front of the att store at the town center?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.