TPP: The Dirtiest Trade Deal You've Never Heard Of

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, Apr 5, 2016.

1. thewap, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016

thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

A simple video explaining the Trans Pacific Trade agreement that Obama, Hillary, Ted Cruz, and all the duopolic neocons are trying to ram down our throats by fast tracking it -vote to fast track the deal so we can actually view whats in it but no amendments can be made-.

Called by Obama the "most progressive deal ever made", would give international corporations power over sovereign laws worldwide in secret tribunals over our trade laws, lives, and the internet.

While the press and politicians distract the public with race, gender, sexual prefs, and PC correct scandals, only Trump and Bernie are actively against it and the globalists and have made this issue their platform.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Corporatists trying to finalize corporate control over the world economy, who would have thunk?

I've been following this deal for 3 years now and it's just a blatant power grab. Essentially elevates corporations above nation states.

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

4. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

It's called globalism by the globalists. One world govt by the bureaucrats and banks now pushed in secret, illegal under our constitution, by the traitors we put in office, with Hillary the soon to be coronated queen of this cabal.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Yup.

While all the conspiracy theorists were freaking out about the NWO, they should have looked at the economic situation and realize that corporate control over nations/industries is the real power center to be wary of.

6. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Since when has nobody heard about this? It's been all over the news for the past year.

Another reason to feel the bern since he's been against this crap since the start.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

corporations are people my friend, except when it's time to go to jail.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

It's an amazing legal fiction isn't it?

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

goes to show it's a big club & we are not in it.

10. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

The democratic party will never accept Bernie, the superdelegates are rigged, and even if he surpasses them, they will change the rules to put Hillary in place.

Trump is also facing the same issue, but he might just make it to the 1237. When that happens, Bern fans will have to make the decision to join the anti-globalist Trump camp, or the corporatist globalist Hillary camp.

11. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

I'm writing in Bernie regardless.

It would be suicide for the DNC to rig it for Hillary if Bernie ends up winning the nomination. They aren't that stupid. DWS might be, but she would be axed before she destroys the party if the situation you described arises.

Trump is just a non starter to begin with. We don't need an elementary school child trying to run the country.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Trump an anti-globalist? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

13. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

The dems do not care, just like the GOP, as long as they get their globalist in. What they do care about is their One World government ruled by the corps.

Trump knows more than he will let out, but knows how to deliver the message. Wait till the general elections - the whole world has underestimated him.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 5, 2016 ---
    Obviously you have not heard him speak - anti NAFTA, anti TPP, exposed Ted Cuz as the trojan horse for the globalists..
    THAT is his whole platform.

Sometimes it is good to actually investigate what his campaign is saying rather than blindly believe what the press attacks are. The trade message is exactly the same as Bernies.... but I get it...nazi, racist, blah, blah, blah

Corporate press loves sheep.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Hillary is worse than Trump, one day when your blinders are off you will see that, feel the Bern.

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

The thing about Trump is regardless of his rhetoric, his businesses have benefited from these types of trade deals. With that in mind, why would a businessman actually do anything about them? Trump reeks to me of buzzwords and rhetoric loosely strung together to give the impression that he cares about these issues, when it seems to me he is just paying lip service understanding the public mood.

Bernie Sanders doesn't manufacture products in Mexico/Bangladesh/Pakistan/etc.
    You're smarter than this JK. Of course Hillary is worse than trump given her record, but that false equivalency doesn't make Trump an anti-globalist. He's for globalization as long as Americans he cares about aren't getting screwed.

I want someone that doesn't believe in America prospering at the expense of everyone else.

16. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Actually his policies would harm his business more than anything, he believes in all Americans prospering instead of keeping Americans on welfare and driving down salaries by flooding the USA with illegals.

Bernie has no business experience or trade experience - and prosperity is not reached by only taxing people.

17. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

More like people have overestimated him. This man has no policies and no clue. He's making up everything as he goes along. "I just thought of that" should be his campaign slogan. Just last week he changed his position on abortion three different times to three different positions.

His speeches are full of small words and short hollow sentences void of policies or ideas and full of nonsense rhetoric that riles up the dumb masses. He speaks at a 4th grade level.

This guy would be a disaster for the entire country.

18. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

"Globalization" is a capitalist eventuality. What we have to be careful about is the rate of change, and standard of living improves in all areas... but maybe at different rates. Sadly there are many, many self interested parties that don't give a damn about the overall social good.

19. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

"Business experience" is irrelevant. The government is not a business and is not run like one. Private enterprise and the public sector are very different.

And you clearly don't understand Bernie's positions if you think it's about "taxing people".
    His website looks like a parody site from Grand Theft Auto.

Trump himself doesn't even know what his policies are. Case in point: last week on abortion. He's making it all up as he goes along.

20. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

You have no clue what his policies are, check his website. As far as the message is concerned it is direct and tailored for the average intellect to understand, that is the way to win primaries.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I've heard him speak a lot. He's full of ****. He has zero plans to do any of it.

22. thewap, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016

thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

He has no superpac, he has no lobby donors.. both entrenched parties are trying to stop him..do the math.

If Trump looses, and if Bernie survives the primaries, I would vote for Bernie. If the reverse, who would you vote for?

a defeated candidate? must make sense to you.. good luck.
    Global trade?, Obamacare?, energy policies?, industrial war complex?, technology?, the govt is run by lobbies and special interest... you must mean the corporate sector...

Yeah let's see if Bernie's tax plan on wall street can make it through congress LOL.
    Pipe dream..

Abortion?..really? WHO CARES ! LOL

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Again, I don't understand why you believe a ****ing thing he says. He's constantly called out on his business operations directly contradiction these policies he supposedly supports. He was called out on ****ing Letterman for his Chinese made ties while he was spouting out to the media about his opposition to everything being made in China.

Donald Trump is nothing more than a liar who is good at measuring public sentiment and telling them (pandering) what they want to here. If he was really against the trade policies he wouldn't be using the sweatshops of the world to embroider his shiny brand name on everything he sells.

24. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

It's ok..no worries, keeping sipping at the CNN bar.

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Why in god's name do you think I watch the network that contributes most heavily to Clinton?

Is it really so hard for you to understand that someone who has a legitimate claim against your idea ISN'T a democrat or a watcher of cable news? Do you have anything to say to my statement other than dismissing it entirely and trying to paint me as uninformed?