Track Palin Arrested Second Time for Domestic Violence

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Dec 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

http://time.com/5068444/sarah-palin-son-track-arrested-for-domestic-violence/

2. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

Obviously terrible incidents, but what's the point of sharing this here if I may ask?

3. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

So he's a **** head. Politicians kid or not, they exist everywhere.

4. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

To point out the Palin's hypocrisy which 99% of politicians usually are anyway.

5. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

w

And you chose MacRumors for that? Seems a bit out of place, doesn't it?
    Regardless, you do realise the story was about Sarah Palin's son, right? As far as I know, he's not a politician.

6. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I am not the OP.... Simply pointed out why it was posted most likely anyway.

Given how Sarah ran her mouth about family values during her active political days, it's fair game to point out how she apparently didn't teach her kids those same principles she liked to tout.

But like I said, most politicians are a bunch of hypocrites. Look at Clinton, Gore, Trump, Corker, etc etc. The minority actually practice what they preach. So yeah I see this thread as more of being partisan reasons then actual honest discussion.

7. juanm macrumors 68000

juanm

Trump-Palin instead of Trump-Pence would have been interesting. A critical mass threshold of stupidity would have certainly be attained.

8. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

Oh, sorry. Didn't check :)

I mean, you can have valid and good principles that you stand by fully, yet be bad at teaching them to your offspring. I believe it's way more likely that whatever went wrong in her kid's upbringing is a result of ****ing up, not malice. I doubt it's because she doesn't believe in her family value principles, just that she didn't do it well enough in practice. Or who knows, maybe whatever influenced her son was out of her control, because no matter what you do, whilst parents of course are the biggest influence, there are external factors you don't have control over.

I am not going to argue against that there

9. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Even the best families have their darkest secrets. You could say you care about family values, that won't make your family immune to outside influences. I lived in Alaska, boy can it get boring. I'm pretty sure it would be easy to get into trouble.

10. Gutwrench, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017

Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Thank god for this piece of news. Adding Track Palin to my list of thugs I won’t vote for along with Barrack Obama’s brother & uncle, Michelle Obama’s sister*, and John Conyers’s son.

11. SoggyCheese Suspended

SoggyCheese

Will you change that attitude if Track adds serial fraud, rape and multiple sexual assaults to his list?

12. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Will he build a wall?

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Even with the best parenting kids sometimes grow up to be ********.

14. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Probably not even then, but I’d consider supporting the building of a statue of Track in Juneau if he runs for mayor and gets caught smoking crack.

15. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Can't ever have enough Family Values posts.

16. 0007776 Suspended

So he’s an idiot son of a now irrelevant politician. Not sure what the big deal is that this is worth sharing any more than any other domestic violence case.

17. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

This family is a real train wreck. I don't get what conservatives ever saw in Palin. It was obvious from the beginning that they were kind of trashy, for lack of a better word. At least they never made it to a position of power in the DC.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...n-charged-after-confrontation-with-his-father

18. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

The same things they see in Trump. They’re basically the same. Trump’s just a more upscale form of trashy.

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Interesting. I bet we won't hear that same line given to Trump now though, will we?

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Who the hell names their kid Track. Maybe the son finally realized what his name was.

21. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

Wow, the Palins are literally the perfect white trash caricature.

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, if the NRA and its adherents are to be believed, he was a bad guy and calling the police takes too much time. She should've shot him. ;)

23. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

He was confronted by his dad who was, according to the article, armed with a pistol. He just wasn't willing to shoot his son. If it hadn't been his son, it may have well turned out different. Would have if it had been my house, but I doubt I would have done any different if it had been my kid.

24. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

Yeah that’s my main problem with this. I say that cautiously, as the bearer of a somewhat unusual first name myself, but “Track” is something else.

Anyway, the story is unfortunate and really no one’s business. I haven’t thought about the Palins and their unusual names in a while...