Trackpad missing clicks—Mutliclutch?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AquaMethod, Nov 3, 2008.

?

If your MBP is missing clicks, do you have MultiClutch installed?

1. Yes, I have it installed, and my trackpad is missing clicks

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. No, I don't have it installed, but my trackpad is missing clicks

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  1. AquaMethod macrumors member

A lot of people seem to find their new MBPs missing more than a few clicks. Mine does too, and I'd like to narrow it down to an Apple hardware or software issue. The problem is that I use MultiClutch, which might affect it. I don't believe that it could, since all it does is swizzle the methods called when the trackpad receives certain gestures. Still, I'm no MultiTouch expert, and I'd like to get a consensus.

If you have a new MacBook or MacBook Pro that is missing clicks, do you have MultiClutch installed?

2. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Why don't you uninstall that app to see it for yourself? Sorry but i don't have the new MBP or MB...:)

3. MrMinor macrumors 6502

I have mine set up where a two finger click is a right click. Occasionally when I right click on links in Firefox it does not do anything. Is this what you mean by missing clicks? If so, I do not have multiclutch installed.

4. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

I have multiclutch on my 2.4 Ghz aluMB. Haven't really noticed missing any clicks. What I do notice is that there's a delay sometimes when you touch the trackpad~supposedly this is to prevent accidental clicks like if you bump it while typing?

5. AquaMethod thread starter macrumors member

Oh, I am. The problem with that is too small of a sample size...I just want to see if anyone else is having the problem.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Without moving your finger, keep clicking and see if it picks up any of them. I find that I have to reposition my thumb a little bit, or else I could click a million times without any result.

With mine, I'll click and nothing will happen. Not even after a delay. So I think that's something different.

6. delude macrumors 6502

Bootcamp seems to be a pain for me, and often misses clicks, however OS X is perfect. I do not have 'Multiclutch' installed.

7. eleven2brett macrumors regular

I have muticlutch installed and my trackpad misses a click every now and then.

8. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I do not have any additional software installed, and mine MBP misses clicks all day long. Turning on tap to click had helped some.

9. dauerhippo macrumors regular

Mine has been missing clicks like crazy.

Just for kicks, i tried repairing permissions, using disk utility. It seems to have helped A LOT. I did it about an hour ago, and haven't missed a single click yet. (and all day long, i'd say about 20-30% missed clicks). Not sure this is a real solution or some weird placebo, but if anyone else tries this and it works, please post!