Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woody1073

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2019
United Kingdom
Ok so I’m going to buy the iPhone 12 Pro Max outright which I always do when I buy a new phone, my iPhone 11 is only about 4 months old and Apple will give me £400 if I buy the iPhone 12 Pro Max direct from them or should I go down the eBay route? I think I may get more on eBay but by time you’ve paid eBay and PayPal their cut do you actually end up any better? Then there’s the time wasters to contend with ?

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Ok so I’m going to buy the iPhone 12 Pro Max outright which I always do when I buy a new phone, my iPhone 11 is only about 4 months old and Apple will give me £400 if I buy the iPhone 12 Pro Max direct from them or should I go down the eBay route? I think I may get more on eBay but by time you’ve paid eBay and PayPal their cut do you actually end up any better? Then there’s the time wasters to contend with

Ive just sold mine on Facebook marketplace. The guy owns a phone shop and he will be interested in any more we sell. Got £85 more than apple would give me for my 11 pro max plus i get the apple care refund back too.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Here, in the US, California, I am finding that my 11 goes for around $500 USD.
eBay, Swappa, Craigslist - they are all about the same.

Prices will drop as more and more people switch over to the newest phones.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.