Trade in my Series 3 SS for a Series 2 Ceramic, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by OreoCookie123, Jun 5, 2018.

1. OreoCookie123 macrumors member

Hey everyone!

Just a quick thread, I need some opinions.

I have had the Stainless Steel Series 3 watch since about a week after release, I have it all linked up to my carrier for the cellular, (which I have to be honest I NEVER use).

But lately, I've really got my eye on the ceramic, now I cant justify the price for a Series 3 Ceramic, but I've had my attention drawn to a brand new Series 2 Ceramic... I'm not fussed about the downgrade as such, I just think the ceramic looks beautiful, and the jump from 2 to 3 wasn't THAT big right?

Thoughts? Thanks!

2. Lennyvalentin macrumors 65816

Lennyvalentin

Look, this is your life and your watch - do what YOU want; don't ask for anyone else's approval. Do what will make you happy! :D

If you can be without the added hardware features; other than LTE which you say you're not using, the barometer is probably the most significant, then sure. Why not. Series 2 is still plenty fast as it is, you'd have the same level of waterproofing and extra-bright OLED screen, and you'd also have software support at least for another major OS update, maybe more, so functionality with S3 would be basically identical. Other than the already mentioned barometer, which all iPhones also have since years, so if you never exercise without your phone you won't be missing a thing.

The ceramic white watch is friggin beautiful. Follow your heart. :)

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The Major considerations from the Series 2 to the Series 3 is obviously is LTE, additional storage, there is the faster dual core processor with the Series 3 and audible Siri.

That said, if it was me, I would not downgrade to the Series 2, more specifically, I don’t know how watchOS 5 May react, and I would rather have a longer support/updated specifications over aesthetics. What I would do, is Sell your Series 3, and at your convenience, pay the difference and upgrade to the Series 3 ceramic model.

4. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

As much as I love the ceramic, I wouldn't get one (or trade my SS for one) purely because most bands look crap with it.