Trade iphone 5 colors at Apple store?

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Long story short, i purchased my iphone 5 on Apple.com and im not a huge fan kf the color, can I trade it in at my local Apple store?

Last edited:

haxrnick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2011
Seattle
I'm heading to the apple store today to get some lightning cables and going to check if they have a black one in.

Mbman81

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2010
I plan on swapping colors as well. The tricky part is finding them in stock to exchange. I already sold my old iphone... :/

I'm thinking of trying to reserve one as a new line and then just explain my predicament in store when I go to pick up and have them 'adjust' my order after processing the return.

Anyone had success stories they would like to share?

kilj0y

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2012
I plan on swapping colors as well. The tricky part is finding them in stock to exchange. I already sold my old iphone... :/

I'm thinking of trying to reserve one as a new line and then just explain my predicament in store when I go to pick up and have them 'adjust' my order after processing the return.

Anyone had success stories they would like to share?
Well today is my last day at my current job, I start my new job in November and get a $90k signing bonus in April, I am pretty stoked about it!

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Long story short, i purchased my iphone 5 on Apple.com and im not a huge fan kf the color, can I trade it in at my local Apple store?
I was able to do this on the Sunday after the launch, however I've read that others are not having as good luck. The first problem relates to the stock at the stores. If they don't have the color and size you want, you can't do it. The bigger problem is that the stores are not obligated to accept a return of a phone purchased on Apple.com. The website specifically says that iPhones purchased on line may not be returned to a retail store. I suspect they added this to the website recently because I don't recall seeing it. I think it really depends on what kind of mood the salesperson that you get is in. If they've had fifty people before you wanting to swap, then you're probably SOL. If they had a good weekend and stock is plentiful, you might have better luck. You could always do the return online but then you're stuck without a phone for a while.

----------

Maybe if you wait more than 17 minutes for a reply, someone with knowledge will chime in.
Starting a new account just to break balls...nice.

Joewat64

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
TX
I was able to do this on the Sunday after the launch, however I've read that others are not having as good luck. The first problem relates to the stock at the stores. If they don't have the color and size you want, you can't do it. The bigger problem is that the stores are not obligated to accept a return of a phone purchased on Apple.com. The website specifically says that iPhones purchased on line may not be returned to a retail store. I suspect they added this to the website recently because I don't recall seeing it. I think it really depends on what kind of mood the salesperson that you get is in. If they've had fifty people before you wanting to swap, then you're probably SOL. If they had a good weekend and stock is plentiful, you might have better luck. You could always do the return online but then you're stuck without a phone for a while.

----------

Starting a new account just to break balls...nice.
Love all the whites coming to the dark side :eek:

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Can you exchange one purchased from Verizon at apple? And do you need a recipet? Or just the phone and box and all that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.