Traded 3GS 16gb iOS4 for Nexus One - now waiting for iPhone4 Unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AlvinNguyen, Jul 13, 2010.

1. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Well...not sure if it's a good decision but I traded my unlocked iOS4 16gb 3GS for a Nexus One today. I still got mine and my gf's i4 waiting for the unlock. Figured I would try Froyo until the unlock comes out. Was this a good trade? :confused: :p

2. AlvinNguyen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kinda figured the 16gb 3GS unlocked would be losing a lot of value once the 4s and new bootrom 3GS are unlockable :eek:

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

^^^not a very good trade imho. The 3gs is worth way more.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

you do know when the I4 jailbreak comes out that it will work on the 3gs as well..

Iphones always keep better resale then the competition. Any way enjoy the new toy!

5. anthny680 macrumors member

Darn I really wish this were true. Can't seem to find an At&t nexus one for under $475 here in Denver. Craigslist has 3gs's galore going for much less...

6. AlvinNguyen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah 3GS is going for about $250-$350 here and the nexus one was $450. In any case the Guy gave me $20 on top too so I'm happy. Even happier that I realized I have 3G internet that I didn't pay for all these years! It was an APN change that gave me that back! Yay!

7. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

HAHA I almost traded my 3GS for a nexus one that had a scuff on the corner and was rooted. Only reason I didn't do it (besides the scuff since my iphone is basically new) was because it was rooted. I heard if you root the nexus that voids the warranty. Judging from the bugs that the Nexus one has/have......i held off. While I love the iPhone 3gs......I rather much have 3G speeds as oppose to edge speeds. I even almost traded for a 9700! Decisions...........

8. AlvinNguyen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Root is good for free tethering though :D Well if you have a 4, or is thinking of selling the 3GS this would be a good time to trade someone (though I wouldn't do it for the 9700) otherwise price will continue to drop after ios4 with new bootrom can be unlocked.