Carrier Trading 7 for 7+, Verizon promised they would have stock within 2 weeks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UKFan643, Sep 19, 2016.

1. UKFan643 macrumors regular

So I have decided I'm going to trade in my 7 for the 7+. I preordered my 7 through Verizon, so the return has to go through them as well. I went online and chatted with them today to see what the best way to do this would be. I know I only have 14 days to return the 7 and I've already sent in my 6 for the trade in so I don't want to be without a phone. I asked them what would happen if I got to the 14 day time period and there was still no stock at my local store and they guaranteed me that they would be able to get me one. They said they were putting notes on my account to make sure. There's no way they can guarantee that, right? This is just a chat agent blowing smoke, right? They finally said "I have successfully documented the account. Rest assured, you can exchange the phone to the 7 Plus. You can use this reference: (Gave me a long reference number)."

I just don't understand how they can make that guarantee. Anyone with history with Verizon know?

2. kovey macrumors 6502a

I was considering swapping matte black for silver, but an online chat rep said I would be without a phone during the backorder exchange. I asked about putting a note on my account for an exchange beyond 14 days and he said "I can do that for to see if that will work for you".... but who the **** knows what will happen by then. Zero guarantee.