Trading black iPhone 5 for white.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jatt123, Feb 19, 2013.

1. jatt123 macrumors member

I posted an ad on craiglist in the Bay Area. I got a reply from a guy that he is willing to trade his white iPhone for my AT&T iPhone black 16 gb. So I drive one hour and when I get there, he refuses me because of the scuff gate problem. He said he wants a "clean one" for black iPhone 5. I believe that's hard to come by. It's kept in a case and a screen protector to prevent that problem but if its not in my control do you guys think its fair? I mean if I was in his place I would have switched since its a wide known problem. Plus my iPhone is unlocked so it was a plus for him. (His was carrier locked which i didn't care) Oh we'll I guess. I just thought i get some opinions from the community. Is there anyway to fix the scuffs or anything like that? Thanks.

2. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

did you not send pics of the phone before driving out an hour's way? I wouldn't have traded either as my black iPhone launch week is scuff free

3. bonskovsky macrumors 6502

bonskovsky

That he'll never find. This is why I didn't get the black 5. Even the white 5 scruffs easily, but you might just have one vs, completely scuffed black iPhone 5.

Now, there's probably someone that will trade, got any pictures of the scuffs? Kinda curious now.

4. chrscap macrumors regular

Seen his ad. I have a "perfect" one but he ain't getting mine lol.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

6. Myiphone7 macrumors 6502a

I WOULD HAVE STARTED ABUSING HIM! Gah! How annoying!!