Trading in iphone 4s with amazon...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dubs83, Sep 19, 2012.

1. dubs83 macrumors regular

Has anyone done this? If so, since buying the new iphone 5 from apple.com would take a while to actually receive the phone, do I have to send my iphone 4s into amazon right away for the trade-in value or can I wait until I receive my new phone? I would rather not be out of a phone for a couple of weeks if I have to send in the old phone right away. The value I assume on my iphone 4s drops each day If I wait until I buy the new iphone, correct?

thanks guys for the help.

2. Bakakage macrumors 6502

3. honeygirl macrumors member

you can sell your iphone 4s on amazon, but I am not sure when will you get the new iphone 5 .

4. albertxp06 macrumors regular

If you trade it in with Amazon, you'll receive an Amazon gift card, not just money. You can always sell that gift card. It's easier just to sell it on Craigslist or something.

5. reputationZed macrumors 65816

I checked out Amazon trade in and they want me to ship by Sept 24, so if your getting the iPhone 5 on the 21st your OK. eBay instant seems like a better deal, the quoted me a slightly higher price ($235 for a 32GB iPhone 4 vs $212 from Amazon), pay cash rather than Amazon credits, and I don't need to ship until Oct 1st. Both were better deals than Gazelle. If your not getting your iPhone 5 in the first batch you will need to either hold off or go without a phone for a bit. I agree that the price will most likely drop if you hold off.