Tranfering Legally Purchased Apps from Jailbrkn iPazzle to non Jailbrkn iPhizzle

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by BoyRusho, Jul 25, 2010.

1. BoyRusho macrumors newbie

So any suggestions on syncing and transferring legally purchased Apps on a Jailbroken iPad to a non Jailbroken iPhone (in my case an iPhone 4). Some Apps will transfer however some like MyWi will not. Any tweaks or ideas? This could be huge in helping peeps get apps on their iPhones w/o having to Jailbreak them. Thanks for any input!

2. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

MyWi only runs on jailbroken devices. You can try all you want, but you'll never get it onto a non-jailbroken device. Neither can you transfer it from your jailbroken device onto iTunes.

3. BoyRusho thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand that. But why? Some Apps transfer fine and some don't.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can only transfer App Store apps.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm not sure I follow you...

1) For any app that is iPhone compatible, which you installed via Apple's app store, you transfer it by plugging the iPad into a computer, syncing the app onto the computer, and then plugging in the iPhone and syncing it.

2) Any app that is not iPhone compatible, even if it came from the App Store, will not install on the iPhone, for reasons that are hopefully obvious.

3) Any app that you installed on your iPad, which is iPhone compatible but did not come from the app store, was installed using some Jailbreak install mechanism, and these apps will not be installable on your iPhone unless you jailbreak it. Once you jailbreak your iPhone, then there should be some tools you can install that will let you sync jailbreak apps from the iPad to a computer and then to the iPhone.

4) Hopefully the final case, of apps that are both not from the app store and are also not iPhone compatible, does not need further discussion.

6. whocaresit macrumors 6502a