Transfer a SUBSET of photos from iPad 2 to iMac?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by OldCorpse, May 13, 2012.

1. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Asking for a friend.

My friend has an iPad 2 and an iMac. On the iPad, there are a bunch of photos, and she wants to transfer one of the folders "Selected Photos" (containing about 500 photos) to her iMac. How does she do it?

Problem: she can transfer ALL photos (about 1500), but she can't seem to be able to only transfer a subset of photos contained in a folder (about 500) to her iMac.

What's the best way? TIA!

2. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Hmm. This is what I found on Image Capture:

"I got the new iPad and now wants to transfer all of my favorite photos to Mac computer ( OS X 10.7.3 if necessary). Before i heard that iMedia Transfer is able to transfer photos from iPad to Mac, does it work for my OS X 10.7.3?

You already have an Apple supplied app on your Mac that will transfer to your Mac from iOS devices. It is called Image Capture and it works quite well.

Just connect your iPad to the USB port on your Mac, execute Image Capture, click on the iPad in the upper left of the Image Capture window. The rest is pretty self-explanatory
    ."

I'll send this suggestion along, and see if this does the trick. Thank you!

3. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Well, no joy. My friend reported that Image Capture doesn't solve the problem.

"I opened image capture, but the same thing happens as when I use iPhoto; there is only an option to import all photos, or hand select them, but no option of importing the folder with the pre-selected photos only."

Any other ideas? TIA!

4. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Oh snap. iPhoto is the very first thing she tried, and obviously it doesn't work. And above I quoted her as saying:

"I opened image capture, but the same thing happens as when I use iPhoto; there is only an option to import all photos, or hand select them, but no option of importing the folder with the pre-selected photos only."

I mean really. Does someone have an answer to this that's more than one word mentioning an app that doesn't work? TIA!