Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

sammy0025

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
Hi guys, just got a new Mac. However, the Migration assistant on the Mac simply would not transfer files from PC to Mac, as it can't even find my PC on my wireless and wired network. I want everything from that iTunes on the PC to be on the Mac, including all my iPhone backups. I never ever want to use iTunes on PC again, and my PC sucks. Now how am I going to transfer all of these from PC to Mac without Migration Assistant? I have a Mac-formatted external HDD and another Windows formatted one. They are all good to use. Somebody please help me! :(

murdoc158

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2007
West Bend, WI
Just copy your iTunes folder from your PC to the PC formatted HD. Your mac can read the PC formatted HD just fine. Your iTunes folder has all your backups, media (if properly configured), and apps.

sammy0025

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
Just copy your iTunes folder from your PC to the PC formatted HD. Your mac can read the PC formatted HD just fine. Your iTunes folder has all your backups, media (if properly configured), and apps.

Thanks man! Totally worked!!!

dickdaney

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2009
Follow the directions on apples website. Make sure you "consolidate" all you files. Don't forget to copy any pictures from the my pictures folder that you want to sync too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.