Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dreamliner330

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
I have an app called PlayTube that allows me to 1.5x & 2x speed Youtube videos as well as shut the screen off. I use this to listen to various 'podcast' type content at 2x speed and I shut the screen off so it doesn't drain the battery.

This app is no longer in the app store and when I restored from iTunes to my new iPad I saw it wasn't there. From what I've gathered, because of the new 'app slimming', the apps are no longer saved to iTunes and since it is not in the app store anymore, I don't know how to get it again.

I do still have the app on my iPhone, so how do I get it from the iPhone to iTunes? If I can figure out how to get the app apk from my iPhone into iTunes, I should be able to send it to the iPad.

Suggestions?

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
If it's not on App Store,that can be difficult. And besides,in a few months,iOS 11 will be released,and Apple will stop supporting all old 32-bit apps.

Dreamliner330

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
If it's not on App Store,that can be difficult. And besides,in a few months,iOS 11 will be released,and Apple will stop supporting all old 32-bit apps.
Oh, I didn't know that about the 32-bit apps. How do I know if this app is 32-bit or not?

It just really sucks, 1.5X/2X speed and screen off play should be built into YouTube.

There is a lot of content I like at much faster speed than 1x...

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
Oh, I didn't know that about the 32-bit apps. How do I know if this app is 32-bit or not?

It just really sucks, 1.5X/2X speed and screen off play should be built into YouTube.

There is a lot of content I like at much faster speed than 1x...
To know if it's 32-bit or a 64-bit app,check update history,I would probably not download anything that had no updates during the last 6-8 months whatsoever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.