Transfer AppleCare to the 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rbf1138, Sep 10, 2012.

1. rbf1138 macrumors 6502

Will I be able to transfer AppleCare from my 4S to the 5, or is it "tethered" to the device it was purchased on?

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

It's associated soley with the SN of one phone.

3. mcaddict macrumors member

Depends on how long you've had your 4S... Your protection plan can be transferred once from your 4S to a the new iPhone as long as both devices are still under the original 1-year warranty and you've purchased your 4S no longer than 30 days ago.

4. iCris macrumors member

Hello friends,i just have a question about applecare,my 4s have one year of warranty if i purchased the applecare,the applecare counts now or just when the year of my 4s pass the 1 year warranty.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

If you have just the standard AC, it expires after 1 year. If you purchase the additional AC+, you're then covered for accidental damage and your coverage is extended another year (totaling 2).

6. iCris macrumors member

Thanks willmtaylor ;),so is better purchase the applecare before the years end.

7. SoloStyle macrumors regular

Is appleCare+ associated with a person or with the device? I purchased my 4S when it came out last October. If I sell it, will the new owner still have 1 year left on the AppleCare+ or would it no longer be valid?