Transfer contact, SMS and Calendar from Nokia N85 to Macbook and then to Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by machinebroad, Jul 4, 2010.

1. machinebroad macrumors newbie

I am trying to transfer all my contacts, SMS and Calendar from my Nokia N85 to my macbook pro and then onto my iphone4.

I have been successful at transferring my contacts via bluetooth I have been able to access contacts, sound clips, videos and photos but I can not find a folder with my calendar or my SMS.

My isync does not work and my Nokia phone is having difficulty reading the sim card so I need to transfer via bluetooth.

Can anyone help?

I am using Mac OS X Version 10.5.8, I have already tried to download a plugin with mactomster but it did not work and it cost me €1

2. iambasil macrumors regular

I've used missingsync in the past (for Windows) over bluetooth - they also have a Symbian version (you can check other sources for this program). Think it can handle most of what you're after.

You said calendar and SMS are the key bits you now need - it will update the calendar data to iCal fine, but one issue is that although you can get your SMS onto your mac, it remains in the missingsync program and won't load these from the mac to your new phone. It will however allow you to export the SMS data as a CSV or something so at least it allows you to get it off your phone and into a useable format.

3. machinebroad thread starter macrumors newbie

4. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

I've had to do that a couple times and missingsync seems to be the best