Transfer files between iphone and ipad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Enjoylife1788, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I have an iphone 4 32 Gigs jailbroken and and ipad 2 3G 16 GB jailbroken. Now the issue is that I hardly use 50% of iphone's storage i.e approx 15-16 GB. So basically, almost 15-16 GB of my iphone storage is unutilised. Now the issue is that i would want to utilize unused iphone storage for ipad, means if i could access iphone's space through ipad. I mean if i could stream on ipad from iphone.Is there a way where i keep my movies on iphone and could be streamed over the ipad.I also dont mind transferring files from iphone to ipad as and when required. But since iphone doesnt allow bluetooth transfer, thats useless. BTW i tried using ifile's bluetooth transfer thing and found it to be too slow. Like to transfer one 4 MB song, it took my more than 90 secs. So movies are out of the question.

The reason I am asking is because i always have my iphone with me and when m going out or for a trip, i would want to carry extra movies or files on iphone and can then transfer to ipad when i want to watch or have some work. I hope u guys get my point.

Please suggest me alternatives. If there is some way, i will be more than happy.

Thanks. :)

2. Bernard SG, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011

Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

I use an app called Perfect downolader.
    It allows filesharing via bonjour on WiFi and the feature you're describing works like a charm.

3. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ya but in that case, I need a router in the middle. Unfortunately, that's not what I am looking for. I am looking for point to point( iPhone to iPad) transfer. The reason I am asking is because I won't have any routers while m on the move :(

4. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's a good option.. But i was wondering , is there any thing that can work without any additional hard ware..

Like a software that can transfer with through Bluetooth. Or wifi..

6. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Again, not feasible for movies and all.. I am looking to store big files on iPhone and want to have access on iPad.. :(

7. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Also, I just realised that there are apps to stream iPhone/iPad content onto the pc.. Obviously through the router.

So can't there be any app that can do that in an adhoc mode??

8. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

I don't think so. Bluetooth on iOS devices is limited to pairing with peripherals. Such an app, while probably feasible technically, would unlikely be approved by Apple as I suspect it would need to resort to private API.
    But the App I suggested works on Wifi, when both devices are connected to the same network. On the go, the best I can suggest is to get one of those pocket Wifi routers for 3G.

9. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So, can the mifi work as a normal router too.. Without a simcard also??
    Like use it only for data transfer..

10. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

I can't vouch for that, but my best guess is yes. Better ask the vendor's staff.

11. ryanlawrence171 macrumors member

Use “Bump” You can transfer anything from iPhone to iPad.

12. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

You can transfer files between iPhone & iPad via the iPad Camera Connection Kit.

http://store.apple.com/nz/product/MC531

When I plug in my iPhone it detects it as a camera on the iPad.

I've transfered videos that were recorded off my iPhone - but I'll have to see if you can somehow transfer movies that are in the 'videos' folder.

13. shotts56 macrumors 6502

I've done the BT file transferring using iFile in the past. It was picky, sometimes connecting and sometimes not, but switching bluetooth off then on again on both devices generally did the trick.

Transferring particuarly large files takes ages, and the thing you have to remember is that you cannot allow either device to go to sleep. As soon as one of them does, the connection drops and you have to start again. But it is do-able.

14. macbookflasher macrumors member

macbookflasher

Transfer files between iphone and ipad

I think its too much difficult to do so.. did you tried android file exchange system for this?

15. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What??? Could u please elaborate on this??