Transfer files to new Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vladislav, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Vladislav macrumors regular

How to do it safely?
    I can see on apple .com possibility to transfer files over icloud, ok, but its got only 5 GB free as far as i remember, but of course i have much more that 5 GB to transsfer.
    And i dont want to sepnd money to buy more Icloud space just for that matter. Any advices please, thank you :)

2. ronm99 macrumors 6502

You need to have a full backup of your phone (hopefully you are backing your phone up!).

You can do it via iCloud. Note that the backups are generally a lot smaller than all the data on the phone (things like apps and iTunes purchased songs are not part of the backup since they can be re-downloaded from Apple's servers).

If you don't think your backup will fit on iCloud, just back up to your computer. Go into "Settings --> iCloud" and make sure that iCloud Backup is turned off. When you connect your iPhone to your computer, open iTunes, find your phone under Devices, and then click on "sync".

To be sure that your phone has been backed up properly, go to "Preferences" in iTunes and click on "Devices". You should see a device backup for your phone, and check that the date is within minutes. You can use this backup to restore your new phone.