Transfer from wifes 3G to my 3Gs while transferring mine to iPhone 4 How is it done??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WizardHunt, Jun 17, 2010.

1. WizardHunt macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

ok, here's the scoop. I want to be able to switch iphones with my wife when I get the new iphone 4. I understand the part about the switching of the sim cards. That is not my problem. The problem is I have tons of apps on my iPhone, and she has her own apps. My iPhone is on my itunes but hers is not on my itunes. We have only 1 Mac in the house.

So what is the best way to give her my old 3Gs and make it so it has only her contacts and apps on it and not mine. At the same time I don't want to lose mine that are on my iphone either. I want to transfer them to my iphone 4. If I was the only one transferring then it would be no problem but since more than one phone is involved. I am a bit confused. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Is there a quick and easy way to do this? If not easy that is ok as long as someone can lay out the steps for me in order what to do? Any takers? Can you help me?

2. WizardHunt thread starter macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

So no one knows anything about this subject? No takers? That is so hard to believe.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Step 1: Buy your new iPhone 4
    2: Sync your new iPhone 4 with your iTunes and restore from a backup from your previous iPhone (make sure that you made a recent backup of it)
    3: Put your wife's SIM card in the 3G.
    4: put it into restore mode (google it if you don't know how)
    5: restore the iPhone from one of her backups.

DONE.

4. WizardHunt thread starter macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

Thank you so much for this info. Now I feel better about doing it when it comes time to do so.