Transfer movies from iPod to iPad on the road?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by k4show, Jun 26, 2011.

1. k4show macrumors member

I'm going on a road trip and I have a 32gb iPod touch and a 16gb iPad. I have movies and TV shows I would like to play on the iPad but there isn't enough room to store all of them. Is it possible to have them ready on the iPod and then transfer them to the iPad wireless or something(possibly through bluetooth or something? I would prefer not to bring a laptop with me.

Thanks!

2. buddda macrumors newbie

I was just writing about how its not possible except maybe with jailbroken devices when I had an idea about GoodReader. http://www.goodreader.net/gr-man-howto.html#grtogr ----this link is from the goodreader help page and it describes transfering files from one IOS device to another. I play video files through goodreader with the old VLC app (there is an "Open With..." function in goodreader but the VLC app has since been removed from the app store) but im not sure if you can just play the videos with the stock iOS video app through goodreader. I'm sure if there are any 3rd party video player apps out there they would probably work in conjunction with GoodReader! Let me know if you have any other questions.

3. k4show thread starter macrumors member

Would using the iPad camera connection work by plugging it into my iPod with a sync cable?

4. buddda macrumors newbie

Now something like that I could see being possible if your devices are jailbroken, but with stock software I'm pretty confident that it won't be possible.

5. k4show thread starter macrumors member

6. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

Using Power Downloader, you can use the iPod touch as a file server with both devices connected to the same wifi network.
    Probably other apps can do it too but I use that one and it works nicely to play videos.

7. buddda macrumors newbie

If you have a 3G iPad I would also look into using Dropbox.

8. k4show thread starter macrumors member

I changed my mind, I'm just going to bring my old HP Mini 110(netbook) since the screen is antiglare and more than adequate to play movies. Thanks anyways guys.