Transfer of contacts to new iPhone 4 via MobileMe

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hessaire, Jun 19, 2010.

1. hessaire macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!

Is it possible to transfer my contacts (currently on my iPhone 3g) to my new iPhone 4 next week via MobileMe? I know the Apple team can do it for you on the spot but mine is jailbroken and I didn't know if I would be shunned :eek:

Any help would be super! Thanks!

-Sarah

2. LocoMoco macrumors member

MobileMe

Depending what your setup is. MobileMe stores all of your information in a "cloud" as long as you have this services enabled on all of your devices and on your Pc or Mac.

But I think this will explain it all.

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/setup/

3. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

This man brings up a good point. Were going to have to un JB our phones before thursday arent we.....

4. LocoMoco macrumors member

Yes, you can use MobileMe to transfer your contacts, and chances are they are already synced (transferred) in your MobileMe "cloud". But it depends on how your setup is now.

Heres a breakdown, if its not.

On your iPhone. To transfer your contacts to MobileMe.

Go to: Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> then tap on your mobile me account -> and then turn "on" "contacts (mail, calendars, bookmarks, or find iphone)", -> and close out of that (done). Then, make sure Fetch Data "push" is "on". These settings should enable your contacts to be pushed to be transferred to your MobileMe "cloud".

You can confirm this at www.me.com and logging in to your account online. Verify your contacts are there.

Once you get your new iPhone. You'll want to set up your MobileMe account. MobileMe will sync up with "cloud" and pull everything down to your iPhone.

In regards to JB. They shouldn't really need to see your 3g phone unless you want them to do the syncing for you. Btw, The the only time you should maybe worry about being shunned is if you are trying to have warranty work done. At that time, you will probably need to do a clean wipe. And that too isn't a bad idea if you are sending your iphone away for any warranty or service.

Hope this helps.