"Transfer Purchases" in iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trevorplease, Nov 12, 2011.

1. trevorplease macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 4 currently syncing with my windows vista desktop. I would like to get my iPhone 4 to sync with my new macbook pro.

I know of the Transfer Purchases feature in iTunes.

My question is, does this feature transfer also the game data along with the actual app in iTunes?

Does anyone have a guide to successfully get my phone syncing to my macbook pro without losing all my app data, contacts, etc.

I'm mostly worried about the game saves for my apps.

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

from past experience transferring purchases to new computer doesn't lose any data most I ever encounted was apps thrown out of folders.

if you're that worried just do a backup before hand and then select sync apps after transferring purchases.... but seriously you shouldn't lose any data wat so ever.

3. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

Yeah, backing up your idevice usually alleviates any issues with app data such as game saves or just data in general.

4. trevorplease thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not backing up though. I'm transferring purchases to a new computer so I can use it as my main one to sync.

So andybno1, transferring purchases will save my game data (game saves) also right? so the next time i sync, i won't lose everything?

5. macfanrutler macrumors regular

macfanrutler