Transfer your service to AT&T? Make sure you check your first bill!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaPhatty, Jul 25, 2008.

1. DaPhatty macrumors member

So today I was greeted with my first AT&T bill. I was surprised to see the bill arrive so soon and simultaneously with my final bill from T-mobile. Needless to say, I was floored when I read through the bill. It seems that AT&T believes I should pay them the full monthly service fee + taxes for only six days of service! Somehow, AT&T thinks it is ok to use the billing cycle dates from my T-mobile service without pro-rating their charges. I will be calling AT&T first thing in the morning. I tried calling the call center this evening but it closes at 9 p.m. Man, I miss T-mobile already.

So yea, I just wanted to give anyone else that transfered to AT&T a warning. Check your bill and make sure they don't try to take advantage of you.

2. jpruitt macrumors member

jpruitt

your bill isn't for the full month. It is pro-rated, plus the $36 activation fee, plus the following months service. Sucks? yes. But at least they were straight forward and honest about the charges when I switched over.

3. DaPhatty thread starter macrumors member

Hmmm. You are correct. I find it odd that the Billing Cycle Date on the front page does not accurately reflect the charges and their associated dates. It's not until page three that the break down becomes clear.

Does AT&T Wireless always charge in advance?

4. jpruitt macrumors member

jpruitt

From what I remember every carrier charges in advance. Any overage charges is added to the next months bill, which makes it feel like you're paying after the fact. The shock is only in the beginning, at least :) As for me, I think I may have to increase my plan from the 450. Using 112 minutes since the 21st (my billing cycle).

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yes, always have and probably always will...:(

6. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Most of the AT&T salesdriods explain this at the time of purchase.
    'ok Mr. iPhone owner, your first bill be will have the prorated months service and 1 full months service on it. Since you were smart enough to ask I waived the $18/36 activation set up fee.'

can't speak for Apple stores.

I cant tell you the # of times i heard that in the past while in most (at&t) stores.

7. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

what I don't get Is that I signed on with the iPhone on June 11 yet they reset my cycle on the 16th. Why?