Transferring folders of photos from IPad to Mac

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Gypsy36, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Gypsy36 macrumors regular

I am really sorry if this has been asked before - I conducted a search and couldn't find what I was looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I was on holidays and uploaded my photos from my underwater camera to my IPad on a daily basis. I created a folder and edited the photos (cropped, deleted, enhanced etc) within that photo. Now that I am home, I am attempting to transfer the folder to my Mac but it will only transfer the photos from the mass upload folder in their unedited state.

Is there a way to transfer the folder itself? I have attempted iPhoto, photo transfer, a downloaded IPad to Mac transfer software and also transferring as if it were a USB on a microsoft computer - they all have the same issue.

Thank you so much for your help!

2. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Short answer is that its not possible. At least not as built into iOS or anything in Mac OS as a simple function

See here for a workaround

3. Gypsy36 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you so much, I will try this tomorrow!!

4. Gypsy36 thread starter macrumors regular

Charlituna, you are a genius!!!! This worked beautifully (well, actually, the photo stream was quirky as hell and I have no idea how I finally got it to work) but THANK YOU!

I shall never edit on the iPad again. How annoying.

5. LeiLei macrumors newbie

Oh wow thanks! I was having this same issue a month or so ago.