Transferring music from my iPhone 5 to my iTunes on my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mbpkid3393, Aug 23, 2013.

1. mbpkid3393 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

So I'm trying to transfer music from my iPod to my Mac, problem is, I didn't buy most of my music. I have heard of some software that allows you to do this, but I am not sure which is the best option. I also vaguely remember Apple offering to convert all your songs to iTunes purchased songs for a price, but I also forget the specifics.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

2. Aylan macrumors regular

Aylan

How did you get the music into the iPod? Where are the original files?

If you only have access to the iPod and nothing else, there are programs out there but I am not sure that anyone may help you on this since it may be bordering on piracy, it may be against some kind of rule. I would Google it.

Once you get the files in your Mac, just import to iTunes and use iTunes match. It will match the songs you have and use iTunes store versions. $25 per year.

3. mbpkid3393 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah it was through torrents. I'm just really not sure what software to use, and want to use something safe.

4. Mrhighdef macrumors newbie

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

The music didn't just magically appear on the phone, where are the files?

6. mbpkid3393 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, they did not. I had them on my old laptop which I wiped and sold. I completely forgot to transfer over music files, and am only left with the music on my phone, along with transferred purchases.

7. priitv8 macrumors 68020

Just take any iPhone file copy utility (DiskAid, iPhone Explorer etc) and copy them back to iTunes.