transferring sms from blackberry to iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hitrance, Aug 25, 2012.

1. hitrance macrumors newbie

Hi All:

I just switched from blackberry to iphone. while i was able to transfer my contacts and calendar by syncing with an exchange, i could not do the same with 4000+ sms on the blackberry. I tried using the berrymover app but it wasnt very useful either. I have successfully converted the blackberry smses into xml and csv format, but have no way of converting them to the sms.db format used by iphone. I have searched all over the internet but havent found any guide/suggestions that seem to be working.

Could someone please help. I am willing to go any lengths to convert the smses.

Thank you in advance
    Hitrance

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

3. hitrance thread starter macrumors newbie

That sucks! i just transferred all my wife's sms from the iphone to android using isms2droid app in 10 mins flat.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The limiting factor is iOS here in that I don't think you can import SMS into iOS. I certainly could be wrong, but I have never come across any method of doing this.

5. hitrance thread starter macrumors newbie

the import part is true, but I was hoping to convert the xml or csv file to a squlite file and copying it to the sms directory in a jailbroken iphone using scp.