Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hitrance

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
Hi All:

I just switched from blackberry to iphone. while i was able to transfer my contacts and calendar by syncing with an exchange, i could not do the same with 4000+ sms on the blackberry. I tried using the berrymover app but it wasnt very useful either. I have successfully converted the blackberry smses into xml and csv format, but have no way of converting them to the sms.db format used by iphone. I have searched all over the internet but havent found any guide/suggestions that seem to be working.

Could someone please help. I am willing to go any lengths to convert the smses.

Thank you in advance
Hitrance

hitrance

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
That sucks! i just transferred all my wife's sms from the iphone to android using isms2droid app in 10 mins flat.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
The limiting factor is iOS here in that I don't think you can import SMS into iOS. I certainly could be wrong, but I have never come across any method of doing this.

hitrance

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
the import part is true, but I was hoping to convert the xml or csv file to a squlite file and copying it to the sms directory in a jailbroken iphone using scp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.