Transmission and Torrent Error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Plusbits, May 6, 2008.

1. Plusbits macrumors member

Plusbits

Hey guys
    Basically, I've been downloading C&C 3 for Mac for a few days now, hoping it would be ready for when I got my iMac, so I could test drive it then buy it if I liked it
    Basically, I started downloading via BitComet in Vista on my laptop, then transferred the partially dowloaded file and the original torrent file onto my iMac to continue the download with Transmission. Everything was going fine to begin with, it hash-checked the torrent, found I'd downloaded just over 50% and started to download. Then it told me that it could not conintue to download, saying: 'Error: Permission denied'. I tried altering the location of the file from my desktop and starting again, but the same thing happened
    Does anyone have any ideas? As I'd hate to have to start from scratch again, and my Vista machine just isn't downloading it at a substantial rate
    Thanks in advance

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

That's what they all say :rolleyes:

3. Plusbits thread starter macrumors member

Plusbits

I'm actually serious about this though; I'm an avid gamer and I've wasted my money on games that were crap in the past so like to avoid it where possible. This way, I can find out if I like it then buy it if I do ;)

4. Plusbits thread starter macrumors member

Plusbits

Just checked the logs for Transmission, and I'm being told that it couldn't open said folders due to permission being denied
    I've tried altering the folder options yet the same thing has happened again :(
    Any ideas?

5. Kongu macrumors newbie