Transparent Dock

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
I really hope Apple goes with a transparent dock on the iPhone with iOS 11. I've jail broken iPhones in the past to achieve that, but have not jailbroken in a long time, don't think I will again. It would be a nice clean look on the new iPhone with the large oled screen.

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
Doubt they would do it because it would be too similar to android. But it would be nice. And allow to up to 10 apps in the dock would be cool too

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
I really hope Apple goes with a transparent dock on the iPhone with iOS 11. I've jail broken iPhones in the past to achieve that, but have not jailbroken in a long time, don't think I will again. It would be a nice clean look on the new iPhone with the large oled screen.
Since we are wishing and hoping.

Giving us the ability to put our app icons anywhere we wish would also be nice.

I already have what you're talking about because I am jailbroken, but it'd be nice to have it stock.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I agree this would be a clever installment, similar to what the Apple does, but only different. But being Apple is known for not changing much in iOS, I don't foresee this happening unfortunately.

Reactions: BullittMustang

timeconsumer

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Completely agree with the OP, I've hated the dock since iOS 7, so I really hope Apple changes it in iOS 11.

Also, to add to the list:

I'd like the ability to arrange apps in folders alphabetically or by most used.

Reactions: BullittMustang
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.