Transpecies

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Meister, May 1, 2016.

1. Meister Suspended

Meister

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Does a bear **** in the woods? Oh wait your store doesn't have a wooded area for me to relieve myself? Lawsuit!

3. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

why not, does it really affect you what other people do? The business should also offer a dog walking service and other animal services. Once the Animal is of no more use to the bussiness, they can humanly put the animal down, they will save a bundle in health care costs.

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

As long as they cover it up I don't mind if people use litter boxes. Just don't scoot around on the carpet to wipe your butt.

5. 617aircav Suspended

Normalization of insanity until the whole world is crazy.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'll be damned if my children have to share a litterbox with these people.

7. 617aircav Suspended

8. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

There's some plausible genetic and neurological links to transgenderism in the context of how different hormones affect the body and its development. Fun fact for you the DSM-V (psych diagnosis bible) says that gender dysphoria is gender variance and therefore not a mental disorder, rather a diagnosis to identify the issues surrounding gender dysphoria (discomfort elicited feeling like you're the wrong gender). France however (as of a couple years ago anyways) considered transgenderism a psychotic disorder. Prime example of the social influence of what is mental illness, what is not, and to what degree.

There is obviously no logical biological explanation why a human would intuitively think that she should be a cat... or any other animal. It's not like humans have cat DNA and therefore can have a cat brain. Cat's aren't likely conscious enough to know what they are.

It's a false equivalency IMO to consider gender dysphoria and species dysphoria as on the same level. Clearly however this girl has something going on. I'm not sure it would even be considered dysphoria depending how comfortable she is in her human body. She may even just be classifiable an absurd body modifier.

It poses an interesting question- do you treat someone who acts like this. They are content with their life scampering around like a cat, unaffected by how people treat them, do you allow that behavior? I imagine it must be hard to find relationships and jobs if you go around meowing dressed like a cat. But who's to say you need to provide an intervention if they're not dangerous or discontent?

9. 617aircav Suspended

What does logic have to do with people with insanity and those who encourage them?

10. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

What Mr. Muscles there doesn't realize, fish are not a native staple of a cat's diet, especially when cats loathe swimming to the depth needed to find the tasty fish...

In other words, he might not know all the details.

He's got the same personality of alcoholic, anger-prone radio show shock jocks that reel in viewers with bumpkin stories like that one to trick them on bigger issues since, obviously, he comes across with common sense on the smaller stuff so he's going to be no different on the bigger issues.

Having said that, on the kitty issue he's right - why are people enabling those deluded individuals, since "psychopath" is not accurate since the people interviewed are not discussing lack of concern for other people and they certainly don't come across as being normal... Classic definition, it's arguable if his usage of the word is correct or not: https://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/psychopathy
    --- Post Merged, May 1, 2016 ---
    I didn't know it was election year.

Oh, wait... :p

11. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    You're not the boss of me. :mad:

12. samiwas macrumors 65816

Whoa, whoa, whoa...don't go infusing this discussion with things like facts and logic. We have a real issue here that we need to meld together with another issue to make them appear to be the same thing so that we can go crazy over it. Just step off, bro!

13. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

These people need psychological help.

14. Robstevo macrumors 6502

does this mean if she breaks a leg, I can take her to a glue factory and have her put down?

I mean FFS

15. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I wonder how many refugees fled back to Syria after they encountered Cat Girl?

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    In Cat Girl's case, she just needs to quit being so desperate for attention.

17. SvP macrumors 6502

SvP

Nevermind. In the land of the free there's no place for weirdos (well not the poor ones atleast)

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

and their rabies shots :p

19. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Land of the free, as long as you are not gay, transgender, Syrian or Hillary supporter.

20. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

As an American I'm relieved that she wasn't from Florida. :eek:

21. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Well said/asked. :)

I have to wonder if this thread is just for fun, or a back handed jab at the transgender issue, or both?

22. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

The cat people need to stick to dry food so their poop isn't so messy. Meow mix flavor medley is probably the best choice, unless they're over 40 in which case they should choose the diet formula.

23. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Be thankful they're not Bird People. That'd be a lot of newspaper.

24. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

If they aren't caged birds they tend to poop all over everything. Be careful where you park your car, and stay out of the same parks they visit, don't feed them bread.

25. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Friend of mine had a toucan. Cute bird but only eats soft fruits and berries. Basically a diarrhea machine.