Transpecies

cfedu

Suspended
Mar 8, 2009
Toronto
why not, does it really affect you what other people do? The business should also offer a dog walking service and other animal services. Once the Animal is of no more use to the bussiness, they can humanly put the animal down, they will save a bundle in health care costs.

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68020
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
There's some plausible genetic and neurological links to transgenderism in the context of how different hormones affect the body and its development. Fun fact for you the DSM-V (psych diagnosis bible) says that gender dysphoria is gender variance and therefore not a mental disorder, rather a diagnosis to identify the issues surrounding gender dysphoria (discomfort elicited feeling like you're the wrong gender). France however (as of a couple years ago anyways) considered transgenderism a psychotic disorder. Prime example of the social influence of what is mental illness, what is not, and to what degree.

There is obviously no logical biological explanation why a human would intuitively think that she should be a cat... or any other animal. It's not like humans have cat DNA and therefore can have a cat brain. Cat's aren't likely conscious enough to know what they are.

It's a false equivalency IMO to consider gender dysphoria and species dysphoria as on the same level. Clearly however this girl has something going on. I'm not sure it would even be considered dysphoria depending how comfortable she is in her human body. She may even just be classifiable an absurd body modifier.

It poses an interesting question- do you treat someone who acts like this. They are content with their life scampering around like a cat, unaffected by how people treat them, do you allow that behavior? I imagine it must be hard to find relationships and jobs if you go around meowing dressed like a cat. But who's to say you need to provide an intervention if they're not dangerous or discontent?

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
There's some plausible genetic and neurological links to transgenderism in the context of how different hormones affect the body and its development. Fun fact for you the DSM-V (psych diagnosis bible) says that gender dysphoria is gender variance and therefore not a mental disorder, rather a diagnosis to identify the issues surrounding gender dysphoria (discomfort elicited feeling like you're the wrong gender). France however (as of a couple years ago anyways) considered transgenderism a psychotic disorder. Prime example of the social influence of what is mental illness, what is not, and to what degree.

There is obviously no logical biological explanation why a human would intuitively think that she should be a cat... or any other animal. It's not like humans have cat DNA and therefore can have a cat brain. Cat's aren't likely conscious enough to know what they are.

It's a false equivalency IMO to consider gender dysphoria and species dysphoria as on the same level. Clearly however this girl has something going on. I'm not sure it would even be considered dysphoria depending how comfortable she is in her human body. She may even just be classifiable an absurd body modifier.

It poses an interesting question- do you treat someone who acts like this. They are content with their life scampering around like a cat, unaffected by how people treat them, do you allow that behavior? I imagine it must be hard to find relationships and jobs if you go around meowing dressed like a cat. But who's to say you need to provide an intervention if they're not dangerous or discontent?
What does logic have to do with people with insanity and those who encourage them?

Reactions: Breezygirl

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
What Mr. Muscles there doesn't realize, fish are not a native staple of a cat's diet, especially when cats loathe swimming to the depth needed to find the tasty fish...

In other words, he might not know all the details.

He's got the same personality of alcoholic, anger-prone radio show shock jocks that reel in viewers with bumpkin stories like that one to trick them on bigger issues since, obviously, he comes across with common sense on the smaller stuff so he's going to be no different on the bigger issues.

Having said that, on the kitty issue he's right - why are people enabling those deluded individuals, since "psychopath" is not accurate since the people interviewed are not discussing lack of concern for other people and they certainly don't come across as being normal... Classic definition, it's arguable if his usage of the word is correct or not: https://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/psychopathy
[doublepost=1462115590][/doublepost]
What does logic have to do with people with insanity and those who encourage them?
I didn't know it was election year.

Oh, wait... :p

Reactions: jkcerda

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA

Whoa, whoa, whoa...don't go infusing this discussion with things like facts and logic. We have a real issue here that we need to meld together with another issue to make them appear to be the same thing so that we can go crazy over it. Just step off, bro!

Snoopy4

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2014
why not, does it really affect you what other people do? The business should also offer a dog walking service and other animal services. Once the Animal is of no more use to the bussiness, they can humanly put the animal down, they will save a bundle in health care costs.
These people need psychological help.

Reactions: cfedu

Robstevo

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2014
does this mean if she breaks a leg, I can take her to a glue factory and have her put down?

I mean FFS

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

Well said/asked. :)

I have to wonder if this thread is just for fun, or a back handed jab at the transgender issue, or both?

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
The cat people need to stick to dry food so their poop isn't so messy. Meow mix flavor medley is probably the best choice, unless they're over 40 in which case they should choose the diet formula.