Trashing the joint

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Blue Velvet, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Not content with bringing the economy to its knees, exploding the deficit, and starting a pointless and costly war in Iraq which is now in its fifth year, and throwing $700billion at Wall Street, George W. Bush takes one last look around the house and discovers the attic which remains untouched. Until now.

Ruh-roh.

Backslapping private industry? Difficult for his successor to undo? What a suprise!

Ease controls on pollution? Relax drinking-water standards? I'm interested in hearing anyone try to defend this.

Your interests in mind. Because he cares.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/30/AR2008103004749.html?hpid=topnews

Feeling dirty yet?

2. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

The Bush II presidency is about to enter the period where he is totally unaccountable to anybody. God help us all.

3. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Hey. You don't have to live here. I do.

This will be censored but I don't care. I'm so sick of this illegal President all I can say is **** YOU BUSH.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Unfortunately we all have to share the same planet.
    And him easing controls on pollution affects us all.

What a prize ****…

5. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Unfortunately the rest of the world is also suffering the consequences. It may be controversial, but 60 million-ish US voters owe the world an apology for voting him back into office in 2004.

Your sentiments are shared around the globe.

6. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I agree it's hard on everyone. I was just pointing out it's much harder for citizens of the U.S.

I'm sorry he's the President. I never voted for him once.

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Just when I think the ghastly Bush presidency can go no lower, or get any worse, it does, on all counts. I am counting the days/hours/minutes until his atrocious rule ends. The tragedy, as BoyBach, Peace, and arkitect have all pointed out, is that we will have to live with (and try to undo) his truly dreadful legacy for a very long time.

What an appalling man, and dismal President. I have asked this question before, on another thread, but really, seriously, truly, do Americans have any idea at all of the profound and total contempt with which this man and his frightful administration are held in throughout the globe?

Let us hope that their term of office is ended very soon, and, at that, it will be not a moment too soon.

Cheers

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hey, after next Tuesday, there is absolutely NO accountability for the Bush administration. They can do whatever they want with zero consequences.

I can't wait to see the list of pardons...

9. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Can the president preemptively pardon himself ? ;)

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I used to think Bush was just doing what he thought was right, and scoffed at the claims by some that he was intentionally destroying America as we know it.

Now I see some credibility to that claim...

Can't wait till 2012 when the GOP is running ads saying Obama (if he wins) didnt fufill any of his promises (and leave out that they made it damn near impossible to change anything until their regulations have been overturned.)

11. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

I think it's time to shorten the period between the election and inauguration. 2.5 months can create a lot of damage. I also think it's time to start eliminating bushch's concept of the "Imperial Presidency" Bush isnt' the first one to have done this, but hopefully will be the last.

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The only thing I can say is that, in his last weeks, Clinton enacted a number of regulations via presidential directive. They were some of the very first things Bush undid when he took over.

Let's hope it works out the same, in reverse, with Bush --> Obama.

13. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Right, it's a game that lame duck presidents play. Nothing new here. Just wait until you see the presidential pardons.

14. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

The only problem with that is that Clinton's administration enacted the policies later in the lame duck period, which meant that the W. administration could undo them with a stroke of the pen.

W. is deliberately timing these changes so that is impossible. That's why the article said that the overhaul process is laborious.

I'd be banned if I said what I really think, so I'll just say that I agree with the vast majority of the world. Always known he was a disaster, and am completely sickened to the degree that I have been proven right.

15. Blue Velvet thread starter Moderator emeritus

16. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

They still have to get through the rule making process, and these rules can be undone by the incoming president and Congress.

17. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

2/3 to 3/4 do.

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hopefully one of the things the Obama team will do is to conduct an audit of all the Bush executive actions, and reverse or eliminate the more odious ones.

How you manage to continually come up with these kinds of pithy, hard-hitting analysis continues to astonish.

Oh, right...