Travel Bag suggestions for my Japan Trip...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by MrMacMini, Jun 24, 2011.

1. MrMacMini macrumors regular

Need some suggestions on a travel bag for my upcoming business trip to Japan.

Requirements, well, Im on a budget so nothing too expensive, needs to carry my T2i, my iPad/Laptop, and some accessories.

Thanks in advanced.

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Have you tried looking around at TJ Maxx/Marshall's/Ross/other discount retailers for backpacks? Normally I'd recommend the bags I have but all of them are $100+ so not sure if that's over your budget or not. FYI, I have the Northface Big Shot, Oakley AP 3.0 and the Jansport Odyssey. The Big Shot and Odyssey are pretty frickin big so you can store lots of goodies in those bags.

Since you're only carrying a small amount of things, perhaps a messenger or cheap backpack from one of the above mentioned stores would work nicely for you.

3. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

4. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Try the Kata dr-467i. Discreet, carries quite a bit including a laptop, and can be found for around $80 at Amazon.

5. peepboon macrumors 6502

peepboon

Get a back pack. Trust me, I am in Japan right now and the heat + humidity is not pleasant. It drains your energy quickly. Over the shoulder bags (especially with that much weight) will give you shoulder pains (even with a good brand!). I bought a nice big laptop bag, that fits my D700 + D90 with ease!

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I'm a fan of the Kata bags. It has a sleeve for your laptop, a padded section for your camera and a good sized pocket for the rest.

I've carried a D90 w/ 18-200, iPad, tripod, cables, extra batteries, etc. through the desert with it. The straps are well-padded, the bag is relatively light considering the padding.

It's not my favorite backpack, per se, for hiking, but it does a good job of humping gear with enough padding to protect it under normal circumstances.

My only complaint is the lack of gear loops or a daisy chain, but that's solved with some creativity and carabiners.

7. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Have you tried F-Stop (http://www.fstopgear.com) ? I recently switched to an F-Stop backpack and they've got tons of molle loops, connectors, etc.

8. And1ss, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

I have the kata 467i which I took to Shanghai recently as well as the waist pack. I prefer waist pack/shoulder style mainly because if you were a backpack in Shanghai/Tokyo weather, your back will be soaked from all the sweat.