Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
I finished travelers season three last and it looks like that’s the end of the series. Netflix has cancelled the series but you never know if some other service will
Pick it up or a movie or two will be produced. Anyway, I binged it a little too fast and by the end I was getting a little bored of it. Just the same old, same old....everyone is a traveler, every episode has a big shoot out, poorly directed (faction member has clean shot at traveler, doesn’t shoot, traveler turns around and shoots faction member) etc.

I was satisfied by the ending. If they make more, I’ll probably check it out but I’m fine with it being kind of a cliff hanger. Leave it open to our imagination to see what happens. I was a little like huh? By why they failed. If the reason why the future sucks is because of the meteor strike and global warming....well, they stopped the meteor and could easily send back information on new energy sources and other sciences to probably fix these problems.

One confusing part to me was when David met Marcy on the bus at the end. Why was she of normal intelligence at this point? Oh and also why did it seem like MacLaren stayed in the twin tower at the end? He didn’t want to have a nice life in the 21st?

Moof1904

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2004
I finished travelers season three last and it looks like that’s the end of the series. Netflix has cancelled the series but you never know if some other service will
Pick it up or a movie or two will be produced. Anyway, I binged it a little too fast and by the end I was getting a little bored of it. Just the same old, same old....everyone is a traveler, every episode has a big shoot out, poorly directed (faction member has clean shot at traveler, doesn’t shoot, traveler turns around and shoots faction member) etc.

I was satisfied by the ending. If they make more, I’ll probably check it out but I’m fine with it being kind of a cliff hanger. Leave it open to our imagination to see what happens. I was a little like huh? By why they failed. If the reason why the future sucks is because of the meteor strike and global warming....well, they stopped the meteor and could easily send back information on new energy sources and other sciences to probably fix these problems.

One confusing part to me was when David met Marcy on the bus at the end. Why was she of normal intelligence at this point? Oh and also why did it seem like MacLaren stayed in the twin tower at the end? He didn’t want to have a nice life in the 21st?
[doublepost=1549647124][/doublepost]Wait! David met Marcy on the bus at the end? I must have missed that scene. Yeah, it wouldn't make sense that Marcy would be normal at that point. I think MacLaren stayed in the tower because he didn't want to disrupt the timeline any further. Plus, wouldn't there be two MacLaren's alive in that time period if he stayed around?

I liked how they left it wide open for there to be a 2.0 attempt to fix things up but, like you, I fear that a reboot would just be more of the same. Overall, I really grew to like the characters. They developed the main team nicely into people I liked and wanted to see succeed.

Reactions: Mac'nCheese

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
Here is my take:

One confusing part to me was when David met Marcy on the bus at the end.
I think two things.

The First being that it was fate/destiny that these two people would be together. Either on a romantic level (the ending of season three) or a SW/Client level (the beginning of season 1)

The second being that the two was brought together due to one of them being a traveler in a new timeline.

I personally like the idea of the first option more than the second.

Why was she of normal intelligence at this point?

It was revealed that it was the actions of 001 that cause Non-traveler Nancy’s mental deficiencies. She was a nurse at a hospital prior to 001’s involvement.

He didn’t want to have a nice life in the 21st?

I think he was just ending everything to do with the traveler program, as it would seem that future interventions actually made conditions worse.
[doublepost=1549648649][/doublepost]
Yeah, it wouldn't make sense that Marcy would be normal at that point.
Yes it would, she was normal prior to any traveler interaction.

Reactions: Mac'nCheese

Moof1904

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2004
Here is my take:

I think two things.

The First being that it was fate/destiny that these two people would be together. Either on a romantic level (the ending of season three) or a SW/Client level (the beginning of season 1)

The second being that the two was brought together due to one of them being a traveler in a new timeline.

I personally like the idea of the first option more than the second.

It was revealed that it was the actions of 001 that cause Non-traveler Nancy’s mental deficiencies. She was a nurse at a hospital prior to 001’s involvement.

I think he was just ending everything to do with the traveler program, as it would seem that future interventions actually made conditions worse.
[doublepost=1549648649][/doublepost]
Yes it would, she was normal prior to any traveler interaction.

I had forgotten (or didn't know?) that Marcy was normal prior to traveler 001 interaction. Exactly what did he do to change her? (This is kinda making me want to watch the entire series again.)

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I had forgotten (or didn't know?) that Marcy was normal prior to traveler 001 interaction. Exactly what did he do to change her? (This is kinda making me want to watch the entire series again.)

He was doing some experiments on the patients and Marcy found out. He offered to pay her for her to participate. She agreed then tried to back out and 001 had some hired muscle force her into the chair. There was a problem with the “therapy” which left Marcy disabled.

Moof1904

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2004
He was doing some experiments on the patients and Marcy found out. He offered to pay her for her to participate. She agreed then tried to back out and 001 had some hired muscle force her into the chair. There was a problem with the “therapy” which left Marcy disabled.

Oh, yes! I remember now. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
One confusing part to me was when David met Marcy on the bus at the end.

Time travel themed media will typically have holes and paradoxes in them, which is one reason thinking about it can make your head hurt.

One thing that I remember which was interesting was when Philip was suffering the effects of multiple timelines, one of the alternate timelines he witnessed was one were it appeared David and Marcy were happily married and had children.

Could this of been the original timeline if the Director would have never sent 001 back in time? It would certainly explain the ending with David and Marcy meeting on the bus, and would fit my theory that they were destined to be together.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Ah. I must have not been paying attention to that part about001 messing with Marcy. Thanks that clears a lot up! My problem with binging is that my mind starts to wander....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.