Traveling to London for 5+ weeks...carrier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cutwolf, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

Plan to unlock my 4s and get a month to month plan while over there.

I'd like unlimited data, unlimited texts, and some international minutes.

Three is in the lead for me right now, but I'm not sure what it offers for international, and it doesn't seem to have unlimited texts.

Orange has unlimited texts, but not unlimited data.

Curious to hear thoughts on these companies or others.

2. Cutwolf thread starter macrumors 6502

3. KPOM macrumors G5

T-Mobile UK has some good prepaid plans. You can get a SIM card from a vending machine at Heathrow, and fill it up at countless stores all around London.

4. Cutwolf thread starter macrumors 6502

With unlimited & international?

5. KPOM macrumors G5

I don't know for sure since it changes, but I think by default you get 40MB for £1/day unthrottled, which is 1.2GB a month. www.tmobile.co.uk will give you more information.

6. vistadude macrumors 65816

I remember last time I was in England I bought an orange prepaid sim plan that had a good international rate to the states. I believe it was their "monkey" plan and offered 6 cents per minute rates back to america. I also bought their 10 dollar dumb phone (there were many to choose from).

You could get that plan and then an additional sim card that has unlimited data from a different plan or different provider. I'm guessing it's going to be hard to find a single plan for a reasonable price that'll give both international + unlimited data.