Traveling to South Korea from US - Best data plans?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BeSweeet, Jul 6, 2011.

1. BeSweeet macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

So I'll be traveling to South Korea in a few weeks. I'll be staying there for 2 weeks. I can't WAIT. Will be the first time traveling outside of North America.

Anyway, I need a data plan. I use A LOT of data. I'm looking for a plan with at least 2GB of data, possibly 5GB.

Since AT&T is extremely expensive, would it be best to pick up a prepaid data account from a SK carrier? I heard that this can be done at an airport?

Thanks. I can't go anywhere without data.

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I have no clue on how to help you, BUT, how come you plan on using so much data on your first international vacation????

A friend just spent a few months visiting her DH there and saw some amazing things, I hope you enjoy the unplugged part of your trip!

3. jdaniel macrumors 65816

Are you one of the lucky people to have your iphone unlocked? Pardon me but I dont think you have a clue about this so I will go out on a limb to say you are locked to using ATT SIM and u cannot unlock which means you cannot use any other SIM card other than ATT, and therefore you cannot do what you said you want to do.

4. BeSweeet thread starter macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

I'm a huge race fan, so I have to be able to watch some races while I'm on-the-go via my Slingbox at home. I'll definitely be looking at the sights and whatnot.

5. BeSweeet thread starter macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

I have some Gevey SIM cards that work fine in my phone (LOL). Your post was hilarious.

6. jdaniel macrumors 65816

hey u never know right u get all sorts of noobs here LOL