Traveling to Spain and France, best pre-paid options?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swiftbmx, Apr 4, 2012.

1. swiftbmx macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I'm traveling to Spain and France for a week each this month. I do not want to pay Verizon ridiculous fees. I've searched google but I'm getting mixed results.

Can any let me know what my prepaid sim card options are for France and Spain where I would need about 500mb of data for each country? I'll be traveling from the US. I need something with very reliable data coverage and overall service that I can buy easily.

I already have a micro-sim cutter so no worries there.

2. ckc macrumors regular

As long as your phone is unlocked then Vodafone in both countries are reliable and competitive on price and coverage. You can pick up a PAYG or monthly contract sim easily and top up at most convenience stores.

3. swiftbmx thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Vodaphone will work in both Spain and France?

4. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

You will probably have to get Vodafone (Not Vodaphone :p Sorry I feel like I die inside every time someone in the UK spells it wrong :p) sim card in both countries although if they do the same in as they do with Vodafone UK you might be able to get Vodafone Data traveller, which means you can use data Europe wide.

5. apierrec macrumors 6502

"Prepaid global SIM card"

Is that a nano SIM card? Where or which carrier to purchase it? Can you buy it online?

6. isabellaadamz macrumors newbie

I'm using holidayphone sim card for ,y Turkey Travel. These cards also allow you to receive free incoming calls in many countries. You can get international for your USA tour. It costs very low price than anyother international sim card. Also they are providing very good customer care services throgh online also.International SIM Cards reduce your cost of roaming by as much as 90% depending on the provider you use.