Travelling with new mouse and gamerpad (International)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mrmeister, Jul 9, 2014.

1. mrmeister macrumors regular

Hi,
    I'm currently vacationing in USA and will be returning to the UK soon. I am looking to buy a new mouse and gamerpad for using macro commands with pro software (I think i've settled on the Logitech G502 and G13) and would like to buy them here as they're cheaper than the UK.

My only question is will i be charged if i carry them on the plane? How should i pack them? I'd still like to keep the boxes so that i can return/sell them if i need to in the future (i'm not planning to sell, only if something much better comes along in the next couple of years). Should i unbox them and flatpack the boxes? Peripherals in hand luggage, boxes in hold luggage? Just leave them in boxes??

Thanks for your help!

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

If you don't want to risk paying customs in the UK pitch the box and put the mouse in your laptop bag. It's a mouse having the box won't effect the resale value. The odds of it breaking within the return period are virtually non existant. Plus you can ship it back to the manufacturer for replacement with any box.