Trey Gowdy going full force after Hillary with new info.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 1458279, Aug 25, 2016.

1. 1458279 Suspended

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gowdy-fbi-didnt-ask-clinton-about-intent/article/2600177

Looks like they found even MORE deleted emails and transcripts from the FBI.

Gowdy might be calling for a whole new investigation and we haven't even got to the Clinton Foundation yet.

Not only that, but we haven't even got to the NEXT batch from WikiLeaks.

This just keeps on going...

One of the new things is going after intent based on the use of BleachBit. It wasn't a standard delete and that could show intent based on the law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BleachBit

BTW, this thread has NOTHING to do with Trump, it's about Hillary and Gowdy. See if we can keep it focused.

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

What happened? Did Trey get bored with his 539th "But...but...Benghazi!!!!" investigation already?

3. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

The over/under is 10 posts
    On whether or not someone talks about Trump. PM me to place your bet. I'll take the UNDER.

4. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

I don't think Trey gets bored, the guy is non-stop focused. I haven't seen many with his passion. He actually did a great job on Benghazi because it looks like he came out with the objective answers he was looking for.

By not corrupting the process by saying things that weren't supported, he maintained his integrity. I know the Dems don't think anyone but Hillary has any integrity, but they're Dems and can never be objective.

They should be scared of Trey, he just doesn't stop.

5. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Dems think "Integrity" is the new Lexus hybrid.

6. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

If I post 10 time and put $100 on it, does that count ? :D <ok this post doesn't count>

7. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I generally have a dislike for Gowdy, though these quotes were good.

Gowdy: Clinton used special tool to wipe email server

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/hillary-clinton-emails-bleachbit-227425

The South Carolina congressman said Clinton’s previous statements, chiefly her disproved statement that she did not send or receive classified information on her private server, should inform whether or not the public believes her when she says Clinton Foundation donors were never granted special treatment by her State Department.

Presented with audio from a Wednesday-night Clinton interview on CNN in which she said “there is a lot of smoke and there’s no fire,” Gowdy scoffed.

“It's arson. It's pyromania. It's not smoke. Even listening to her talk about the Clinton Foundation, I couldn't help but go back and remember the press conference she gave on her emails where every single thing she said proved to be false,” he said. “That’s the interesting thing about credibility and believability: You can't just keep it in one compartment. When you are a habitual, serial liar in this facet of life, it tends to make people not believe you in other facets of life. So when she’s talking about the Clinton Foundation, I go back and remember her saying there’s no classified information, I only used one device, I did it for convenience. All of which were proven to be false.”​

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Howdy Gowdy has a new chew toy? It'll end like the last one, a waste of millions of dollars and egg on his face.

Maybe he can pick another fight with car-thief Issa, while he's at it.

9. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Gotta say that surprises me about you, I think he's really focused on his job and really goes after corruption. Strange hair thou :D

10. Robisan macrumors 6502

Totally.

[​IMG]

11. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Wouldn't have expected any more, considering the source.

12. Robisan macrumors 6502

Pretty much sums up Goudy.

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Can't they save time and just burn a few pallets of cash in front of the Capitol building?

Even if there was wrongdoing they have cried wolf too many times for any sane person to beleive them.

14. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

By all means, please explain?
    --- Post Merged, Aug 26, 2016 ---
    Telling.

Is sounds like you're acknowledging wrongdoing; and hoping that people will stop caring.

15. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Nope, I don't think that there was any wrongdoing, and I was simply pointing out that the Tea Party has cried wolf too many times so if they ever do stumble across something real no one will listen. I think most if not all politicians have done something unethical in order to get where they are, but if we are going to go after Clinton for this then let's go after Colin Powell as well.

16. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Not to mention, the OP.

17. Huntn, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Trey Gowdy, the Dark Goober, another GOP hack the suckers have placed their Trust in... But he can be admired for his inept tenacity. :rolleyes:
    PS- he deserves to be made fun of not because of his hill billy appearance, but because of his excessive partisanship and ineptitude.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Can't they find something else to spend my tax dollars on? Must they beat a dead horse?

19. yaxomoxay Suspended

yaxomoxay

1) Even Comey said that Powell had nothing to do with Clinton's case. There is a five hour long congressional deposition about it.
    2) An investigation is not crying wolf. It's an investigation, which is relatively cheap.
    3) The "crying wolf" for now found out that Mrs. Clinton did very dangerous stuff, and very illegal stuff. The only saving grace, for now, is that Mr. Comey believes that Mrs. Clinton did not have the "intent", however he even said that she should face consequences. This is not a "crying wolf" for a Presidential candidate (for the matter, for anyone looking for a job anywhere). It's a major issue.
    4) The crying wolf has been amplified by the reckless action of the Attorney General, which did something that in other circumstances would require further investigation.
    5) We also have the issue of possible perjury in front of Congress, which is a felony (see Comey's comments).

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

It's like some people here think the hard righties just started crying wolf about Clinton last year.

Kids.

21. yaxomoxay Suspended

yaxomoxay

Not sure why you make fun of one of the few congressmen that actually do work, but I give you one: the tie in the first picture is awful.

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Because his Bengazi investigation accomplished so much? This is like a desperate little leaguer who keeps striking out at the plate but keeps stepping right back up anyway because he just knows he will hit a home run someday. But this isn't a movie. There isn't a home run in Gowdy's future....just more embarrassing strike outs.

23. yaxomoxay Suspended

yaxomoxay

1) That HRC lied
    2a) That HRC sent emails saying that the video had nothing to do with the attack
    2b) That HRC lie about the video forced the embarrassing situation in which the POTUS was saying to everyone that the problem was the video, while it was the opposite. (Very problematic in diplomacy. The SoS was detached from its President, which is a clear sign of weakness).
    3) That the Ambassador requested for help and additional protection but HRC denied it
    4) That the DoS under HRC's guidance was not ready to face such problems

24. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The work he does is partisan. I don't admire that. I make fun of him because I've watched him in action... he deserves it. The Benghazi hearing was inept, lacking facts, they tried to project guilt onto Hillary and she brought her fly swatter.

[​IMG]

25. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Lies and slander. Multiple investigations, including by Howdy Gowdy, have exonerated her of these falsehoods.

And let's not get into SoS who mislead the country, unless you'd like to discuss mobile weapons labs, and the precise location in Iraq that WMD were found.