Tricks to getting iPhone without waiting, do you have any?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hillsdale, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Hillsdale macrumors newbie

Its that time of year again! The time that iPhone lovers look forward to all year long.. And yet one of the most confusing days for those of us with jobs, school and other personal matters to attend to. My question is quite simple: Have you ever or DO you plan to use any type of trick or tactic to reserve your iPhone (5) on launch day. Im sure we can all agree that camping out at 6am for 4 hours is one of the most uncomfortable things to do, especially over a damn cellphone. Please leave out the "buy online" answer, Im in Canada and am looking for in store plans only!

An example would be- paying off a friend or worker at your local store to "hide" you an iPhone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFtb3EtjEic

2. troop231 macrumors 603

Simple, I order something on Amazon that's to be delivered the day before the iPhone is to be delivered. When the driver comes with my Amazon package, I bribe him by giving him a $20 bill so he can come to my house first the next day to deliver the new iPhone.

3. Hillsdale thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you located in Canada?

4. wongulous macrumors 6502a

Now that's brilliant. But the cost of Amazon stuff ($25 if doing free shipping, unless you have Prime), chancing not getting the delivery on the right day (or, the cost of next day shipping... $$$), plus the $20 bribe, just to have it a day ahead of everyone else? That's okay. I can wait a day or two.

5. cynics macrumors G3

That and assuming the delivery guy is ups, usps, or fedex they won't do it. Unless they have a crazy route. When I worked for UPS if you went off the beaten track you would be terminated by the end of the day. There are a lot of companies that depend on your schedule. Going one stop out of order will make you drive by another stop, at least one....

6. troop231 macrumors 603

Nope, USA

I have Prime. :)

7. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

yes, the trick is order it from apple web site. no waiting involved.:apple:

8. troop231 macrumors 603

That's what I do too, but I expedite the delivery time :D

9. Hillsdale thread starter macrumors newbie

Has anyone else done anything to guarantee their new iPhone(s) at an actual store

10. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

No

stop trying to game the system

- If you really want it be smart enough to order it online

- be a fanboy and wake up early enough to wait in line

- Not give a crap about being the first to get the phone and get it when supplies come back in stock.

11. Hillsdale thread starter macrumors newbie

Im not trying to get it early, Im trying to guarantee a phone on launch day

12. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Order it online, have it delivered to your house. That's the best guarantee, heck you might get it a day or 2 beforehand.

13. KandyKane macrumors 6502

Get a job at a Telco :)

(Unfortunately this still does not guarantee an iPhone if your boss is an a$$ and wants to save them for customers:()