iPad Tried everything to restore Jailbroken iPad 2… Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tobiand, Oct 24, 2013.

1. tobiand macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a Jailbroken iPad 2 running 4.3.3 (iTunes on MBP running 10.7). I want to pass this to someone else so want to do an erase/restore or at the very least find a way to change the apple id (currently asks to upgrade before changing).

I've tried for 2 days ploughing through forums and trying everything I can find, but nothing works. Basically somewhere late in the restore or upgrade there is an error connecting to servers.

I have tried:
    1. in normal mode connecting to iTunes + backup + restore to backup
    2. restoring in DFU mode
    3. Tiny Umbrella started TSS servers, then same as 1.
    4. Tiny Umbrella started TSS servers, then connect to iTunes + update
    5. Opened Terminal entered following command: sudo nano /private/etc/hosts, and checked there is no gs.apple.com in the file (there isn't)
    6. Tried no.1 and no. 2 on another computer (windows PC)

I am happy to upgrade the iPad and lose the jailbrake, or keep it jailbroken and upgrade or not, but I want it as clean as possible and certainly change the apple id.

I am new to iPad hacking / jailbraking so there is a good chance I am missing something simple, but for the life of me, I can't find it.

Any help very much appreciated.

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

You need SHSH/blobs to restore to undigned firmware

3. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

you can go through all the settings and delete and sign out of all your accounts, delete all your apps and run icleaner before you hand it off

there is no way to completely and cleanly restore a jailbroken ipad unless you have your Blobs or you upgrade and lose the jailbreak.

4. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502