Tried full reset of my iphone and battery died an stuck on usb & itune connect screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AngieB, Feb 14, 2011.

1. AngieB macrumors newbie

Can some body please help i done master reset on my iphone 2 nights ago have been searching internet for how to fix but been so unsuccessful i have followed everything and all videos i have watched when i do connect with itunes to restore it comes up with this error

Error 1015: This error is caused by attempts to downgrade the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch's software. This can occur when you attempt to restore using an older .ipsw file. Downgrading to a previous version is not supported. To resolve this issue, attempt to restore with the latest iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch software available from Apple.

I have been on apple to get software but it says you get from itunes my itunes is up to date so i just cant work out where im going wrong.

Can anyone please help me.

2. AngieB thread starter macrumors newbie

Please

Please can anyone help me on this its driving me nuts not having a phone

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You indicated you have the Iphone 2. Is this the old 2G? if this is the case, the latest IOS for it is 3.1.3.

Can you tell us a little more on what you have so people in the forum can help you out?

4. AngieB thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry meant i been trying to reset last 2 nights, i have ipone 3gs.

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Is this phone jailbroken previously? what is the baseband on it?

6. sorepheet macrumors member

sorepheet

Dfu ftw

Place iPhone into DFU mode and then open iTunes. Then check for update, or restore. Also could try iReb to kick it out of recovery Using iReb

7. AngieB thread starter macrumors newbie

i will try and find this info out as i honestly dont know i bought the phone from a freind and just wanted it all like new with no info on which im now regretting,

8. AngieB thread starter macrumors newbie

i have tried this numerous times but gives me error i mentioned in my 1st post

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

The reason I want to know is because if this phone is previously jailbroken/unlocked and it had baseband of 06.15. You can only install customs firmware on it and can't restore to Apple's official firmware.

10. AngieB thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi
    i have now finally found out my friend had this phone unlocked so she could use orange network was locked to 02 took it to Apple today but they said there is nothing they can do is this really true?