Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaysen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2009
Did I miss something or with the new release of OS3.1, even though we are already running 3.0, Apple will not allow a restore to 3.0 ?

I've got a jailbroken 3.0 3GS that I will be taking in to a Genius tomorrow to hopefully have replaced and I wanted to restore to 3.0 but iTunes forced me to 3.1 even in DFU mode. Anyone else having similar problems ?

I ended up updating to 3.1 assuming they will replace my phone but after much thought, and they don't, I'm screwed :(

inf

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Did I miss something or with the new release of OS3.1, even though we are already running 3.0, Apple will not allow a restore to 3.0 ?

I've got a jailbroken 3.0 3GS that I will be taking in to a Genius tomorrow to hopefully have replaced and I wanted to restore to 3.0 but iTunes forced me to 3.1 even in DFU mode. Anyone else having similar problems ?

I ended up updating to 3.1 assuming they will replace my phone but after much thought, and they don't, I'm screwed :(

Apple only allows restore to 3.1 firmware now. No way you can get 3.0 to it anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.